Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: RV Direct Fine Print
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Direct Fine Print

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
colestat

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Considering ordering with RV Direct in Albany. We are concerned about the language in the fine print at the bottom of the PO (see below) Does anyone have experience buying from them with issues such as not getting what you ordered and having to accept final product?

"It is agreed by both RVDirect Group, Inc. and Customer listed above that this is a bona fide special order for the purchase of a new Recreational Vehicle. Deposits ARE NOT refundable. This vehicle is being ordered for the above named customer. Cancellation of this order at anytime after its acceptance will constitute forfeiture of this deposit. RVDirect hereby agrees to submit this order immediately to the respective manufacturer. Customer agrees to accept final product regardless of minor modifications made by manufacturer to layout, spec's, colors or option types within reason while in production. Customer agrees to hold RVDirect Group harmless for unannounced changes by the manufacturer or delays in production. It is further agreed that; (1) RVDirect has not committed to a completion date of this product. (2) This product is specifically and solely warranted by the manufacturer. (3) No other agreement, either written or implied by either party is in place. (4) Final payment via cash or financing is due when unit comes off production line. All modifications to this agreement must be done in writing and attached. RVDirect Group. Inc"

* This post was edited 03/15/13 02:14pm by colestat *

2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I for one would never agree to this clause. It strips you of any and all of your rights to get what you ordered. If it comes in with a color or accessory you did not want you have no recourse.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would scratch out the section that said...."Customer agrees to accept final product regardless of minor modifications made by manufacturer to layout, spec's, colors or option types within reason while in production." and substitute the words, the final product will be as ordered and if there are any modifications or substitutions, it must be agreed to by the purchaser in writing prior to acceptance, or the contract is null and void, with the customer receiving a full refund of their deposit.

Believe me, the factory is in contact with the dealer and they know in advance if there is going to be any modifications or substitutions.....If the dealer refuses to accept your modification of the contract, then it is time to walk.....

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

ALL television packages (Direct, Dish etc) have similar language which gives all of them the right to add or drop channels as they see fit. I have both Direct and Dish Network (two different homes) and have never felt cheated by either of their services. I do NOT have the RV package however and simply use my residential service when I travel. No real reason to care about national feeds for networks as I can almost always pick up true local channels using my antennae.

Good luck / Skip
........This has nothing to do with TV service. He is ordering a new RV.

Hiking Hunter

Warrior, Alabama, usually

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think you would have that clause from any dealer you ordered from. The manufacturer has minor changes due to supplier issues all the time. I would think if it were anything major, like a complete color scheme change, that they would let you know.

I ordered a new unit from RVDirect, eight weeks later I picked it up and all was good. I did carry it back the next day for a few "tweaks" that I missed on the PDI - wasn't a problem. They adjusted a door latch and something else - don't remember. I saved lots of money and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Just be sure you know what accessories you want when you order it.

When I placed my order from them I had ordered a manual awning, and they accepted the order. About two weeks later they called and said the manufacturer didn't offer that unit with a manual any more. They offered to try to find a unit in stock that had one, but I declined because we had the rig outfitted like we wanted. We accepted the motorized awning, and they honored their original price.

I think you will find that any time a unit is ordered to your specifications you will have to give them a deposit and you could lose it if you renege on the contract.

Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2009 Laredo 29RL 5er, 9500 Lbs., 12' 6 3/8" high
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
2001 25' Nomad Scout TT
CGVW (Laredo and RAM) = 18460 Lbs.

CKNSLS

Northern Utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is all standard stuff and they are not going to let you amend it. Sometimes manufacturers change a color mid cycle due to availability of materials.

You have the choice of signing the contract and savings perhaps hundreds or thousands of dollars (at least that is the savings folks have posted here) or going to your local dealer and playing their "games".

retired4fun2002

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is probably boilerplate for these type of deals. If you think they are trying to do you - buy from someone else.....good luck with that! I have bought thru RVD, it was the best deal I've ever had, and I save big bucks. As for service, I have never been asked where I bought - service is service. Safe travels.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/13 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how is "within reason" defined? mamma may want teal blue instead of navy. they can say blue is blue.
I can certainly see why a special order is "special" however.

bumpy

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/13 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As others have said, RVDirect has no control over changes that a manufacturer might make mid-stream for their own reasons (such as availability of materials). Thus the clause.

If it really concerns you, buy a trailer from a dealer where you can pick it from their stock on hand.

2009 Trail-Sport TS21RBH
2008 Toyota Sienna

Bucky Badger

Madison, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/13 06:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colestat wrote:

Considering ordering with RV Direct in Albany. We are concerned about the language in the fine print at the bottom of the PO (see below) Does anyone have experience buying from them with issues such as not getting what you ordered and having to accept final product?

"It is agreed by both RVDirect Group, Inc. and Customer listed above that this is a bona fide special order for the purchase of a new Recreational Vehicle. Deposits ARE NOT refundable. This vehicle is being ordered for the above named customer. Cancellation of this order at anytime after its acceptance will constitute forfeiture of this deposit. RVDirect hereby agrees to submit this order immediately to the respective manufacturer. Customer agrees to accept final product regardless of minor modifications made by manufacturer to layout, spec's, colors or option types within reason while in production. Customer agrees to hold RVDirect Group harmless for unannounced changes by the manufacturer or delays in production. It is further agreed that; (1) RVDirect has not committed to a completion date of this product. (2) This product is specifically and solely warranted by the manufacturer. (3) No other agreement, either written or implied by either party is in place. (4) Final payment via cash or financing is due when unit comes off production line. All modifications to this agreement must be done in writing and attached. RVDirect Group. Inc"

NOW, lets be fair here...GO to another local dealer and post what their contract says for special order..

Fred & Jodie, dogs, Zoey, Mika and Emma

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Direct Fine Print
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues