Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: 50 year high school reunion
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> 50 year high school reunion

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
BEBANDFAMILY

dothan,al

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/13 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the past two/three months I have tried with little success to find full hookup (50 amp and sewer included)camping in the Syracuse NY area. I plan to try visit and renew some friendships with classmates from LaFayette, Tully and Skaneateles High Schools (Class of 1963). I have family in North Syracuse, Marcellus and Skaneateles and although several of them camp, no one has been able to assist me. I've tried Good Sams, Woodall and some private listings to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks hope to here from someone.

mbutts

Farmington MI, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/13 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you tried RV Park Reviews? You can search for campgrounds in a specific city, but it also shows a list of nearby locations sorted by distance.

RV Park Reviews

Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Camping Poodles
2013 Sunset Trail 29SS,
2006 Ford F350 SRW Diesel
ProPride 3P Hitch

2hams

Virginia Beach, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/13 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As far as I have been able to find, there is not much close that will give you 50amp and sewer. Several years ago (when we still had a PUP and our perspective on camp site size was much different) we stayed at Green Lakes State Park. It was nice for the memories of swimming there as a kid, but a long haul to visit family in Camillus and North Syracuse. Two years ago we stayed at Oneida Shores county park in Brewerton. It doesn't have sewer. It was convenient to visit Warners, Elbridge, Camillus and North Syracuse though and had a great spot for the dog to swim. We weren't able to get into Turning Stone -- it sounds nice despite the drive from Verona. We also stayed at Treasure Isle RV Park outside Sylvan Beach in Aug 2011 (to visit spots closer to Rome) - although no sewer they do pump out tanks (see rvparkreviews). Going further west, again no sewer, the electric only sites at Fillmore Glen State Park are nice (as long as it doesn't rain). There is a spot to fill your water tank. It was very convenient to visit family in Moravia and Scipio Center. I've never looked for spots down around Cortland, which might work for your friends in Lafayette and Tully. Another suggestion is to split your visit across several parks, using dump stations in between to best find spots south, north and west of town.

I feel your pain, and wish you luck, as I look for sites in CNY every year or so.

On edit - we didn't stay at Oneida Shores on the weekend, don't know how that would be. Do know that you do need reservations for weekend electric sites at NY state parks.

2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/13 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.rvparkfinder.net

Mike

2007 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab 4x4 Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Control Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors

States we've camped in so far...

demoon

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/13 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best bet is Villages at Turning Stone. Yes, it is drive,but it is a great park.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> 50 year high school reunion
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS