Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tent Camping: Favorite Tent Sites- North East
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Favorite Tent Sites- North East

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/13 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of my favorite tent sites are around Lake George NY (not the village). I love the island campsites which come with a boat dock, picnic table, outhouse. Some islands have 1 or 2 sites some have dozens.I usually camp on the Waltonians in Hague. Another favorite site is Jabes Pond in Hague. It is a mountain top pond with free back country sites. This is a good fishing pond(no live bait) and great for paddling.
Keep the list going!

GENECOP

NEW YORK

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/13 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Countryside Campground......Griswold CT......a real low key lake side, large sited CG. Never Mind......no tent sites.

BurbMan

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/13 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Little Pond State Park in the Catskills, off Rt 17 by Roscoe. They have sites around the back of the lake that are hike-in or boat-in only. Very rustic and have had many great times there.

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

splinter7

Southwest Harbor, ME

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/13 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love the tent sites at Cobscook Bay State Park near Dennysville, ME. They won't let us camp in them even with a truck camper. They sit along the bay and around the coves giving great views of the dramatic tide changes. The RV sites aren't bad either, but only a few are on the water.

Sue & Don
Sheena - the cross-eyed wonder cat
Ringo -the reluctant traveler

2008 Ford Lariat F350 SRW diesel 4x4
2013 Arctic Fox 865

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/13 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cobscook Bay sounds real nice. I like to slum to the ocean once in a while and love the crazy tides. Thanks! Got to get to the Catskills one of these days.

linnemj

Northern Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/13 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

splinter7 wrote:

I love the tent sites at Cobscook Bay State Park near Dennysville, ME. They won't let us camp in them even with a truck camper. They sit along the bay and around the coves giving great views of the dramatic tide changes. The RV sites aren't bad either, but only a few are on the water.

Dang, three responses to this post and y'all already stole our suggestion! I am amazed! Cobscook Bay is a wonderful place to visit north-east Maine and Campobella Island in Canada. Our campsite was on a point and there was a walk-way to a small island at low tide where we picked blueberries. Every morning our 4 year old would get up and run outside to see "if the bridge was back".

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/13 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody out there? I know there are a few tent campers around here. Here's another. Putnam Pond, Ticonderoga NY. Nice quiet campground with sites suitable for RVs but no hookups. Some nice Short hike in and boat in tent sites and access to Pharoh Lake Wilderness area that has lots of lean tos, ponds, lakes and miles of hikes including a couple of small mountain peak trails.

Serenlyretired

San Fransisco Bay area

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/13 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Long was away but Mary Smith Tent Campground on Beautiful Lewiston Lake in Northern California's Trinity Alps is possibly the loveliest view anywhere. Great trout fishing & kayaking with tons of wildlife. All kinds of waterfowl including Egrets, Herons (Blue & Night), ducks, geese,otters, deer, bear,cougars you name it!

buta4

MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/13 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Lyme CT, Rocky Ledge (or Rocky Neck) State Park. By far, close to ocean beach and large sites.

Ray

PAThwacker

East Stroudsburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/13 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I may try it someday. I have all my tent gear, canoe, heck even the big ole blueYamaha. Don't want to float the thousands in toys down the Delaware though . Lake paddle in and out gear, using my old town guide 147 that can portage 900lbs of gear/kids.

2008 Starcraft Travelstar Sport 21RBH
2008 Chevy Trailblazer V8 3.42/ 2004 k2500 Suburban LT 6.0, 3.73, g80 locker, center buckets, and sunroof.
Me, DW, dd08, dd12, 88lb black lab!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Favorite Tent Sites- North East
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS