Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: disney world questions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> disney world questions

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
boatms03

Groves, Tx

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 05:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my family and I are going to disney world for the first time in july, I know its going to be HOT!, and we are staying at fort wilderness in our home away from home. I just wanted to know some tips and pointers for us first timers that will help make our trip enjoyable.
I tried to get an informational packet from them, but they said they dont mail out those packets any longer. also, does anyone know if personal golf carts are permitted?

2009 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
2007 Jayco Octane T26Y
2011 Polaris RZR S

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 05:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mouse Saver
We will be following your thread because we will be planning a similar trip with the grandchildren once they get a little older. Check out the news letter, it may help you with many questions regarding Disney.
Let us know how you enjoy your trip. Have a good time!

See you on the road!

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/13 05:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're from Texas so you should know hot. Get up early and go in as early as you can. Stay till about 2:00, go back to the rig and cool off, go to the pool, nap, etc. It often rains in the after noon anyways. Evenings are usually quite pleasant. you could go back in for the fireworks

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

KPSmithSr

Florissant, Mo, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are a couple of links to Forums that can answer a lot of questions.

Disboard

Fortfiends

I believe privite electric cards are allowed.

DW and I have been to WDW around 30 times, maybe 10 to FW. I always see people that try to do everything in one trip, there is too much to do. You end up getting too tired and frustrated and not enjoying things as much as you could have. Figure out what you want to see, plan your day around that but leave some time to just enjoy. There are a lot of details at WDW that can be fun. There are fun thing to do at the Fort also. If you are there long enough, plan a day just relaxing around the campground. I think if you ask some specific questions, we might be able to help a little more. HAVE FUN

Ken and Sue Smith
'05 Silverado 3500 LS, DRW, D/A, Sport Red
2007 Carriage Cameo 35KS3

Indecision is the Key to Flexibility

boatms03

Groves, Tx

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have planned to go to the parks for two days then rest a day, then back for two days, rest a day, back for two days, rest a day, then start back home.. that schedule is flexible of course. we have gone to new braunfels the last three years in a row and did schlitterbaun two days in a row and needed to rest and just relax around the campground for a day before going anywhere else.
yes I plann on returniing to TH for the mid day heat and eating lunch also. then returning for the evening activities.
thanks for the info and please keep it coming
we are also stopping at henderson beach for a couple of days on the way to WDW.

Davisj9798

Se USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 06:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes they do allow your golf carts, they also have rentals available. DW and I just returned from there in late January with middle granddaughter.. We had a lot of fun. Like others have said, don't overdo it. We scheduled an off day at the pool in the middle of the park visits.. Proved to be really the best idea.. Watch the fireworks from boat landing area at FW each night.. You don't have to be at park for that.. If you take bikes too, I think that's our plan for the next GDAUGHTER visit.. ENJOY!

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/13 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get one of the Unofficial Guides to Walt Disney World which will give you all kinds of tips including in what order you should visit the various theme parks. As I remember the order was Epcot then Animal Kingdom then the Magic Kingdom in reverse order of excitement.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

BillyGo

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Private golf carts are allowed, plenty to do in the campground to occupy your day. Take into consideration the weather patterns here in Florida, Rains in the afternoons during the summer periods. You will experience long lines in all the parks so plan accordingly. The parks usually open an hour early for those staying on Disney property.

2011 Forest River Berkshire 360FWS
2012 Smart car for two

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/13 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All very good information, especially the links to Mouse Savers etc. Also go to the official Disney website and surf around, lots of info there on different things to do. If you go to 'places to stay, campground' and dig around you will find the info on golf carts. Golf carts gas/electric OK, But NOT utility carts, 4wheelers etc.

When you check in, go inside the Outpost Lobby, and pickup the foldout maps for the individual Theme Parks, also get the Times guide, it lists the operating times for that week, also shows the times for the parades, shows, etc. They also show the parade routes, best/easiest spots to get for the parades are places farthest from the park entrance.

As KPSmith said, there is too much to do and probably cant be done all in one trip. On our must to see list would be Magic Kingdoms 'Main Street Electrical Parade' and Epcots nightly 'IllumiNations' fireworks show. Also while at FW, be at the beach at 9:45pm for the nightly water pagent and stay 5 minuteds later for the MK fireworks.

We have been to the Theme Parks about 12 days this month (6-9 hrs each day) and still have not seen it all.

Beverley and Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

TXcampingfamily

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/13 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with previous posting about taking a break during the hottest time of the day. Take advantage of the extra morning and evening hours they sometimes offer at the parks for people who stay at the Disney properties.

Gin & Mike + 2 TD (tax deductions)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta Bunkhouse

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> disney world questions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: