Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: DRUGS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
TOMMY47

MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get 90 day mail order supplies of meds. I'll have plenty of all of them for a 4 month or so trip except for one prescription. What's the best way to get them delivered to me. I don't plan on any regular campground and will probably stay in Nationl Parks and forests, especially at the time I'll need it.
Can I have it shipped to a National Park in my name and pick it up?
I would know a week or 2 in advance where I would be.

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No..... national parks will not accept mail.
Find a small post office nearby and have them shipped Priority: Your name, c/o General Delivery, city/zip That's how we get all of our mail shipments.

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

TOMMY47

MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gypsies--that should work. I'll probably know the area I'm going to be in a week or 2 in advance.

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/13 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you going to visit any family or friends during this trip? See if they will accept it for you?
Is it something that you could have filled at Walmart, with their Pharmacy....do they cover nationally? Might be worth checking.

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

TOMMY47

MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walmart will be for the 3 scripts I can't get a 90 day supply of. I already checked with them. No family out there and I have no friends...........to visit.

kalynzoo

Los Angeles , California

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 10:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some medications cannot be delivered to a PO box or to a general delivery address. It really depends on the state where the RX is being filled and on the rules established by the pharmacy. Note that UPS just agreed to pay $40million in fines for delivering what the government considers improper RXs, the agreement is made without admitting fault.
Probably best if a friend or family member can pick up the RX and then send it to you.
JMHO

skipro3

Placerville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 10:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2gypsies wrote:

No..... national parks will not accept mail.
Find a small post office nearby and have them shipped Priority: Your name, c/o General Delivery, city/zip That's how we get all of our mail shipments.

I do this a lot while on motorcycle tours; mail supplies to myself via local post offices c/o General Delivery.

2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab w/diesel and manual tranny.
Helwig bigwig, PacBrake air bags, TorqueLift leafspring blocks, Monro Magnum shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70R17 tires, Hummer H2 chrome rims.
2012 Lance 855S camper

Earl E

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/13 11:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

General Delivery is the way to go. We did that many times when full-timing.

2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2011 Keystone 23rks Hideout to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/13 11:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kalynzoo is correct in that prescriptions can only be mailed to you via a pharmacy or mail order house. A family member cannot mail them to you. Check with your WalMart at home to see if they can do it to General Delivery, Priority Mail. It does also depend on your prescriptions. Otherwise, you'll just have to plan to locate a WalMart nearby when your prescription nearly runs out. If that entails driving 50 miles or so out of your way that's what you'll have to do. However, before driving, give that WalMart a call and order it over the phone, giving your phone # if they have any refill questions. Then it'll be ready when you arrive. We use WalMarts all over the country and prescriptions are easily transferred from one to another. Unfortunately, this is going to take some planning on your part. Good luck!

rondeb

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/13 12:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have all ours shipped. Your best bet is to make a reservation at an RV park and notify them in advance that you will be receiving a package. Worth staying one night in an RV park to get your medications securely.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS