Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Camping in Maine
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping in Maine

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
SUENMIKE

new york

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/13 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking for a nice camping resort in The State of Maine for the month of August. We had stayed at Bayleys Camping Resort last year and really enjoyed it, we may even return there. Just checking to see if there are other places that folks have stayed at and enjoyed. We will be camping in a class A motorhome... Thank you

* This post was edited 04/07/13 03:26pm by SUENMIKE *

wa.mcconnell

Cleveland Heights OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/13 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoyed staying at Sea-Vu Campground near Wells ME two years ago. We have a much smaller rig, but there were plenty of A's there. The resort itself is not as big, but the location is perfect for seeing the coast. Happy Travels!

2009 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger-"The Palace"
2002 Golden Retriever-"Luke"
2008 Black Lab Mix-"Larry"
2002 Pleasure-Way Excel RD-"Leonard"-traded in, but not forgotten.
Map only reflects RV travel since we started in 2010

GMT830

Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/13 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maine's a big state. Any region in particular?

We liked Hidden Pines in OOB (Old Orchard Beach)but it was several years ago we stayed there. Looking at the website this weekend the prices are still strong so I would assume it's still a nice place.

In the upper midcoast we stayed at Mic Mac Cove and Sennebec. Both nice places, particularly if you like shady campgrounds.

Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/13 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Ne're Family Campground in OOB and really enjoyed being right in town. We were 3 blocks from the ocean.

The actual campground is not a fabulous place like Bayley's or Hidden Pines or any of the other big name campgrounds, but it is flat, has a small pool, has great wifi and is right across the street from the lobster pound. It is about half the price of the others.

livelylittlecampers

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We loved, loved, loved the Bar Harbor KOA. I wrote a review of this for our family camping blog that you can click on below. It is important to get the right site there. Ask for one with water views. The campground is close to Acadia National Park--AKA--heaven on earth.

We also loved, loved, loved Camden Hills State Park--which I also reviewed below. They have sites with water and electric but I would get on booking those now.

These are two of my favorite places in the world. Good luck planning your trip. Let us know what you pick.

Jeremy

Lively Little Campers

livelylittlecampers

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We loved, loved, loved the Bar Harbor KOA. I wrote a review of this for our family camping blog that you can click on below. It is important to get the right site there. Ask for one with water views. The campground is close to Acadia National Park--AKA--heaven on earth.

We also loved, loved, loved Camden Hills State Park--which I also reviewed below. They have sites with water and electric but I would get on booking those now.

These are two of my favorite places in the world. Good luck planning your trip. Let us know what you pick.

Jeremy

SUENMIKE

new york

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We appreciate all the positive feed back here, thank you

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/13 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoy Bayleys for weekend getaways. We love Acadia, National Park. Have stayed at the KOA Oceanside.
One of our favorite places is Camden Hills. Megunticook Campground has a great overlook to view the ocean. We love to explore Camden Hills and Rockport.
Eastport, Maine is a long ride but we enjoyed Sea View and had a full hookup site right on the ocean. No swimming at the campground though. Bring your passports so you can visit Campabello Island, Canada.
The Lakes Region along route 302 is fun to visit and Moose Head Lake is great for seeing moose and other wild life.

See you on the road!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping in Maine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS