Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Price for RV Storage
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Price for RV Storage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Mopar_Mudder

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/13 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking for some information if anyone is willing to share. I am looking at putting up a building for RV storage in Wisconsin, yes we have to store them about 6 months out of the year here !!

Any way I was wondering what kind of prices people pay for RV storage to see if it is worth my while to look into it. Also do storage places charge by the foot or how do they do it? This would be unheated storage, one big open building not seperate units.

Thanks for any input

2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

2oldman

Coachella

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 03:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you checked with storage places in the area?

Mopar_Mudder

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/13 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Have you checked with storage places in the area?

I have not, but their really isn't much around that will take a full size RV. Alot of mini storage and boat storage places, but not much taylored to RV's

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In California you'll find prices for indoor storage from $300 to $1000 depending on how many amenities the facility offers. Outdoor storage runs from $40 to $600 depending on how close to a crowded metropolitan area.

In the area where I live (Los Angeles by the coast) you can't charge a high enough fee to make a profit. The land and building costs are too high. Most of the storage facilities offer RV, Personal and Business storage along with moving supplies, truck rentals and more just to be able to make a profit.

There are a couple of companies developing RV Storage Condos where the RVers, car collector will buy their individual garage space and pay an association fee for upkeep of the property. These go for $85,000 up to $200,000 depending on size.

Most storage places charge a flat fee for a range of space for example 10 to 30 foot RV $60, 31 to 35 foot RV $100 and 35 to 45 foot $150.

Andymon

Medford, OR

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pay $34 for outdoor storage with a total length of 29 feet. the yard has about 200 RV 's in it in all different sizes.

2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

Dennis M M

Geneva, IL; Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/13 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

West of Chicago the going rate in farmers tractor sheds seems to be $2 per foot per month. The fellow I rent from asked around and that was the general rate he found.

At one time he had a couple of RVs and several boats in there. New owner has his own stuff plus our RV. I pay year round for the space, even though we are gone for five months in the winter. It is worth it to me to have the guaranteed space since I have no other place to put it when we are home.

We are 60' and pay $120 per month for space in a tractor shed. I have a key with unlimited access.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'11 smart fortwo on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

jmiller

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pay $75.00 a month for indoor storage. I have 24/7 access. I got very lucky.. My trailer is 32 feet.

Joel, Sallie and our lab Jager. (Chance RIP 9/12/12)
2014 Ford F150 SUPERCREW XLT MAX TOW/HEAVY DUTY PAYLOAD (April 2014)
2007 Trail Bay TB27RL
Hensley Arrow/Barker VIP 3500/Steadyfast/Dish Tailgater/Maxxis tires/2 Honda EU2000i's

dspencer

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in Kansas City and pay $125 per month for an indoor 12X38 facility with a 14ft. door. Which in my opinion thats not a bad rate at all. This place is close to a big lake and cater to alot of boat and RV owners such as myself.

Stefonius

Levittown, PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 04:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the suburbs outside of Philadelphia I'm paying $2.00 per foot per month for outdoor storage at my local RV dealership.

2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

gjwarneke

Seeley Lake, Mt./San Felipe B.C. Mx.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/13 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We pay $65. outside storage.(40 ft) We are on wait list for undercover spot which will be $114 mos. The storage facility has 400 spaces in all. Undercover also includes electric. Also availble is a air station and wash station. (hope to have dump station soon)
Vancouver, Wa.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Price for RV Storage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS