Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Campers Booking Right Next To You?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campers Booking Right Next To You?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
cm11599ps

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The two family campers and a buddy's camper are all going to a local campground in about a week to kick off the season. There are about 75 full hook up sites there and 3 loops. Loop 1 has about 15 sites, Loop 2 has about 30 sites and loop 3 has about 20 sites. With those 75 total sites, only about 31 sites are actually reserved for when we're going so you can imagine how spaced out everyone is with it being less then 50% full. You can select what sites you want.

Anyway, we booked the end of loop 3 which has about 20 sites. Loop 3 consists of 2 rows of about 10 sites in each row. We booked the two sites at the very end of the loop so that you don't have anyone across from you as you walk out the trailer. The third camper that is coming with us is right next to us.

I just looked at the bookings for our days out there and found that the 3 sites next to us are reserved too. I don't get it. You have the entire CG open and you decide to book RIGHT next to other people? I mean, you couldn't at least give a one site spacer? I have no problem being next to people in the busy season but it's really the offseason now and we just wanted some peace, privacy and relaxation. To me, it's like you're standing at an empty wall of urinals and a guy walks in and uses the one right next to you.

I realize it's just a silly complaint but I just wanted to vent a little. lol

Impkitti

Keyport, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe it is their favorite spots?

I know at our favorite campground, the row we like best fills up almost completely before any of the other spots on that loop have tenants.

Ellen

1 Retired Husband
2 Dogs
2 Cats
1 2008 F350SD Truck
1 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
2 Cars
1 House
Not Enough Time

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everyone has a favorite site at campgrounds they frequent. What difference does it make? If you want to be alone why not book ANY sites and pick where you want to be when you get to the campground?

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

cm11599ps

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Impkitti wrote:

Maybe it is their favorite spots?

I know at our favorite campground, the row we like best fills up almost completely before any of the other spots on that loop have tenants.

Could be, but I think just about every site here is very similar. It's not like one has a great view and another doesn't.

I was just hoping for a little more privacy considering the season just began. I can't wait to get out there again though. Cabin fever is almost over!

SuperDutyMan

Western PA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/13 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple years ago,for about 3 yrs. we would go to a COE in early April,most times there would be maybe a dozen campers in the whole place,most would wave and go far away from each other,last time we were there,in pulls a PU,3 kids 1 dog,2 TTs,3 dogs 4 kids,the whole campground is completely empty,all sites have power,guess where they camped...right across from us! What a fiasco all weekend,I knew if that ever happened again,I would have just moved!!!

2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags

jaybrown

Kansas city

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about that...could you pick another spot you like and reserve the spots around and just leave them empty?

jaybrown

Kansas city

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How come people don't like kids around camping? We have kids and really enjoy going as a family unit...

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe you will make some new friends.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

sele

illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

understand your issue we do reservations early as possible to get a certain campsite we like for almost the entire season at different campgrounds. As far as kids go my baby is 32 years old. We love the grandkids but part of the reason we camp is to relax peace and quiet. We try to respect other campers space but its hard when kids keep cutting through our spot. Part of the reason we reserve certain spots away from trails and the pool or playground.

scott

cm11599ps

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/13 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm glad other people agree. lol

I wouldn't care if the CG were 75% full because then people would have to book next to you. If the CG is full and basically every site is the same, why book right next to someone? Don't they want their privacy and peace just like we do? lol

If you walk into the bathroom and there are a ton of empty urinals do you use the one right next to someone? No.

If you go to the movies and there are only 20 people in the theater, do you sit right next to or in front of someone? No.

If two people have to sit in the back of a car on a roadtrip do they sit next to each other or do they each sit at the window.

Like I said, it's really no big deal anyway.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campers Booking Right Next To You?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS