Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Campers who leave dog poop on their site
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campers who leave dog poop on their site

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
prujak

Weirton West Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Evergreen Park RV resort in Dundee Ohio. This is our favorite rv park.

We arrived Friday evening around 6:30 pm. We checked in for spot #3. We have stayed in this area many times. TW was directing me into the spot when she looked down and saw the dog poop. She brought it to my attention and I looked around and found no less than 6 piles. It was not fresh, it was hard and dry. The guy in spot #2 who had two dogs came over with a bag and shovel and cleaned it up. Thanks again.

After setting up the new camper (madden voyage 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express). While walking around I also noticed that there was grease dumped in the grass and the dog had chewed up some plastic and the owners left it lay there. I took a walk to the office and told the lady about what was there. I don't usually complain but enough is enough. She said no one had been on that spot since Easter weekend. She was going to call the folks that camped there and hopefully charge them for the clean up.

People wonder why there are parks that don't allow pets or who charge a fee for them. There is NO reason not to clean up after your dog.

Evergreen is such a nice park. Please help keep it clean from dog poop. They have a dog walk area and even supply poop bags to clean it up. There is even a doggy bath. How would you feel if your children or grandchildren would step in it and bring it into your camper. I like dogs but don't own one.

Paul & Patty
Two Grandchildren No pets
2011 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS

hammer21661

Eastern Shore MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maybe it was bear poo.

07 Ram 3500 Quad cab DRW Cummins 6.7,6 speed auto, Larime 4x4 long bed 11/17/12
04 Club Car Precident
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

daveshan

Durango Colrado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People can be pigs, I just spent a week at Canyonlands in Moab, one day walking my dog I found (and cleaned up) a pile about 2' in front of the entrance to the dog walk enclosure. Tools for scooping were within easy reach and there was NO reason for the owner not to pick up. I've also picked up numerous piles all around various parks over the years.

I just don't understand it but it's a fact of life.

'99 Alpine 36SDS/8.3 ISC 330 Cummins
Or
'05 Lance 845
'06 Super duty SC/SB 6.0
Upgrades include: StabilLoads, Air Bags & Timbrens,Swaybars

Usually towing an '01 Wrangler, lifted/locked on 35"s or a mildly built '98 Cherokee on 33"s (only one locker)

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/13 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would you think people would be any different with their dogs than with their cigarette butts, empty cans of chew, trash from McDonalds, empty water bottles, empty beer cans/bottles, dirty diapers, etc?

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

prujak wrote:

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Evergreen Park RV resort in Dundee Ohio. This is our favorite rv park.

We arrived Friday evening around 6:30 pm. We checked in for spot #3. We have stayed in this area many times. TW was directing me into the spot when she looked down and saw the dog poop. She brought it to my attention and I looked around and found no less than 6 piles. It was not fresh, it was hard and dry. The guy in spot #2 who had two dogs came over with a bag and shovel and cleaned it up. Thanks again.

After setting up the new camper (madden voyage 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express). While walking around I also noticed that there was grease dumped in the grass and the dog had chewed up some plastic and the owners left it lay there. I took a walk to the office and told the lady about what was there. I don't usually complain but enough is enough. She said no one had been on that spot since Easter weekend. She was going to call the folks that camped there and hopefully charge them for the clean up.

People wonder why there are parks that don't allow pets or who charge a fee for them. There is NO reason not to clean up after your dog.

Evergreen is such a nice park. Please help keep it clean from dog poop. They have a dog walk area and even supply poop bags to clean it up. There is even a doggy bath. How would you feel if your children or grandchildren would step in it and bring it into your camper. I like dogs but don't own one.

a couple of years back we were camping in a local state park. one morning while eating breakfast I saw a woman exit her RV with pooch in her arms, walk over to another site where she put fido down to do his bizness. when fido was done she picked him up and carried him back to her trailer. the word 'shocked' is over-used but I was speechless. I regret not having informed the park ranger.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

BuckBarker

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Somewhat unrelated but I have a neighbor that lets their 40# dog run the neighborhood and that mutt loves my yard. One time the woman was at my place talking to me and the dog came over and crapped right at my feet. She called the dog and left!!! Talking to them did no good so off to the drawing board I went. I designed a dog******launcher and send the presents right back to them. They regularly get a yard and roof full.

Tom N

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/13 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't like dogs in campgrounds and try to stay in no no-dogs parks.

But, I think I've seen more human poo than dog poo in campgrounds!

And, no dog owner ever picks up dog pee, especially on my tires.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

homedad

mid-michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/13 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find that people who even carry the bags don't bother picking it up if they think they can get away without doing it.

beckid

So. Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well this is just disgusting and let me say as a responsible dog owner I ALWAYS pick up after mine. So here is a twist on this story. Went camping over Easter week-end. Came home to poop on the front lawn. After some preliminary examination we decided it was Coyote poop that had been left while we were gone. Go figgger... not like we live in the woods or something...

Me '54
Him '58
Maggie the wonderdog
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/13 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BuckBarker wrote:

Somewhat unrelated but I have a neighbor that lets their 40# dog run the neighborhood and that mutt loves my yard. One time the woman was at my place talking to me and the dog came over and crapped right at my feet. She called the dog and left!!! Talking to them did no good so off to the drawing board I went. I designed a dog******launcher and send the presents right back to them. They regularly get a yard and roof full.

That is funny. please supply a drawing for us non pet owners

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campers who leave dog poop on their site
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS