Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Length, length, maybe not.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Length, length, maybe not.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If a new RV asked what to buy, all you here is length, length, I disagree, space in the right part of the RV is far more important. Today with all the new slides you can make room when you need it and have what it takes when rolling down the road to. Wanting things to look big are for the young who have to have the biggest house on the block, the tall diesel pickupor SUV. RVing is different.

2005 Chev 5.3 Supercharged 395HP 425 T hp. Two wheels on front, 2 on back. one seat, tint windows. front and rear bumpers, headlights, windows. Door on each side. Heater, floor mats, 6 Reese candy bars, junk behind seats, some dirt. Pulls so hard.

luckyscroller788

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, thats why we chose a 21 foot Hybrid trailer with a huge slideout. Its win win situation as far as size and space as far as Im concerned!

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely need a slide but I never understood the need for opposite slides that give you a huge dance floor in the middle.

hammer21661

Eastern Shore MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bigger the trailer the more junk I can pack in it to blow out the junky tires that come on it.

07 Ram 3500 Quad cab DRW Cummins 6.7,6 speed auto, Larime 4x4 long bed 11/17/12
04 Club Car Precident
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

msjdbman

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Less is more for my wife and I too. It is just the two of us travelling. Yes, our 5er is just short of 32 ft. But with the Kitchen slide out and the super slide, we have ample room. Perhaps those who use the heck out of theirs or full time truly need the extra space a longer unit gives you, but for now, we`re happy with a little ole 32 footer.

2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

Just Jeff

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/13 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. For example, I hate that almost all RV plans don't have a way for the couch to look directly at the TV. Who wants to crane their neck to one side for the entire time they're watching TV?

Some fifth wheels have the TV in the right place, but those are usually plans with slides on both sides of the RV so the couch/recliners is pretty far away from the TV...and the TV is too small. TVs actually have an optimum viewing distance based on size. You'd think the higher-end models would take that into consideration.

Use of space is important. But maybe I'm just anal.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably depends on who you're asking and how they use the RV. Kind of hard to generalize all RVers on MOST issues.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Trap

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

Probably depends on who you're asking and how they use the RV. Kind of hard to generalize all RVers on MOST issues.

Well said, that's why they make so many different sizes and floorplans. If they don't sell em, they will quit making them

Dyngbld

Central VA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff look at the the Thor Challenger 37kt. I love it. It is on my short list of class A RVs.

Just Jeff

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/13 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dyngbld wrote:

Jeff look at the the Thor Challenger 37kt. I love it. It is on my short list of class A RVs.

I like that floorplan a lot!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Length, length, maybe not.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS