Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Help! I got ripped off
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help! I got ripped off

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
chevyman486

Jacksonville

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope this is the proper place for this posting.
I bought a used Mobile Suite 38 tks from America Choice RV in Ocala Florida in Feb 2012. In the sales agreement i was talked into an extended warrenty. I was told that I "would not have to replace a screw" with this coverage. The old bumper to bumper coverage. Well as it turned out I blew a tire and had to buy a new one to get home. After I got home i put in a claim and was told it would not be covered because I didn't get an ok from the company prior to buying.
Did they want me to camp one the side of the road while they made a decision on my claim? I called America choice and they said I could cancel the policy by writing a letter to them(america choice) stating
my reason for droping the policy. I sent the letter the same day. No responce from AC. This policy only covered my tires and wheels the second policy covered everything else.
Later I had an issue with my slides and awning and a few elec. problems. I took my rig to another dealer for covered repairs. I was told my claim could not be covered because the awning was a topper for a slide and not an awning. Also the slide adjustment was not covered.
This is a long way from "you wont have to replace a screw".
I have since called America Choice at least 10 times trying to get the policies canceled and the money transfered to the balance of my camper.
Does anyone know a way to handle this problem?

GMT830

Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/13 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That stinks. Maybe a firmly worded letter from your lawyer will get some attention?

Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you send the letter certified and signature required? If not, that should be your next step. Sounds like a courtroom of some type is in your future.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

guidry

southern california

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/13 05:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same thing happened to me! I cancelled and found that my pro-rated refund was sent to the finance bank and applied at the end of my loan! Then, I joined this forum and learned to never buy an extended warranty and learned to fix most things myself! Thank you fellow Rvers.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was the person you talked to at the extended warranty company named Jason flowers by chance.. If he has a hand in this company then you need to Google the name and see what pops up. Amazing how every extended warranty company he "works for", has a history of theft and legal troubles........

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/13 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a lienholder (finance co.) any refund will always go to them because they are much more important then you are.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the cost of the service contract was included in the financed amount, the lender will get any refund.
If you paid cash for the service contract, YOU should get the refund.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad 1: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (and Toad 2): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

USUALLY, even on a brand NEW RV, tires are not covered by the RV warranty as they have their OWN warranty from the tire manufacturer.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

harold1946

Surprise Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/13 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has been said many times on this forum and others. Before purchasing an extended warranty, always read the full contract very carefully. Many things that are considered sub-assemblies are not covered, and any item covered by a manufacturers warranty will not be covered until the manufacturers warranty has expired.
Many extended warranty claims are rejected if there is no record of routine maintenance being done by a manufacturers service center.
In most cases anything deemed normal wear and tear is not covered.

* This post was edited 04/20/13 06:51pm by harold1946 *

Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer toad

1oldtruck

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/13 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try submitting your claim to RV Action Line for help. Maybe some publicity will get the ball rolling.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help! I got ripped off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS