Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Walmart I10 Gulfport refund coming
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Walmart I10 Gulfport refund coming

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Brenda41

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/13 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walmart I10 Gulfport, MS is refunding the money for the tow charge. The manager of the Walmart called Friday and today and stated the tow truck company was not authorized to tow our rv. The tow company was to supervise the parking lot for those who camp for days not for those who shop or stay over night. The money is to be refunded to Walmart then to us. We accept the apology of the manager of the Walmart store. We will post when we receive our money.

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/13 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How long were you parked there?
I would expect them to apologize for a tow when you were only there a day. Heck, with DW, it sometimes seems like we're there 24 hours....and that is just shopping with the van

Glad to hear that Walmart is doing the right thing!

Now, if people would not abuse their hospitality........

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/13 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm very happy that the store manager followed up on the situation. I would guess the towing outfit was told to refund the money or they would lose their contract. I would the driver may now be looking for another job.

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WAYMXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

Jloucks

Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/13 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was wondering how this story ended. Thanks for the update.

* This post was last edited 04/24/13 12:35pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/13 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like Walmart is doing the right thing and hopefully they will follow thru. What you have posted is that the Walmart there DOES allow overnighters to stay in their parking lot overnight IF shopping there which is only right. It's a business not a CG for the several day squatters on the ultra cheap. However, hearing the Walmart rightfully will have more than overnighters towed as it should be really makes me pleased and sure helps Walmarts image. Some people are just too darn cheap for their own good and I applaud ALL Walmarts for enforcing the rules and their accomodations! About time! A breath of fresh air and gives us a much better feeling towards Walmarts as a whole! The I-10 Walmart will have the task now of dealing with the "cowboy" towing company and their dingbat drivers!

We sure are happy to see your new thread post and soon to be returned money but nothing will repair the real tension and wrong that was done to both of you! However, you paid nothing to Walmart for staying in their lot so you certainly have no financial claim for your free staying. Bet you'd handle the situation differently next time though should it even happen again.

Please keep us updated! Thanks!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/13 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jloucks wrote:

I was wondering how this story ended. Thanks for the update.

Too bad the other thread was locked. =/

Link to historical thread

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/13 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brenda41 wrote:

Walmart I10 Gulfport, MS is refunding the money for the tow charge. The manager of the Walmart called Friday and today and stated the tow truck company was not authorized to tow our rv. The tow company was to supervise the parking lot for those who camp for days not for those who shop or stay over night. The money is to be refunded to Walmart then to us. We accept the apology of the manager of the Walmart store. We will post when we receive our money.

YEA! Glad you persevered and got a refund!

Scary thought though that they leave a 'tow truck driver in charge' of deciding
who is shopping, parking and/or staying overnight in an RV.

WHO determines how many days is too many days??

Sounds like this Walmart needs a sign, a very big sign that says NO OVERNIGHT PARKING period, before someone gets hurt or takes the life of a tow truck driver!

"Live life like it's your last day.
One day you will be right."

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/13 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brenda41 wrote:

If tow company was not authorized it was vehicle theft. Make a report to the local law enforcement agency. Also, have your vehicle thoroughly inspected for mechanical damage as well as aesthetic. Tows by companies working parking lots and/or repo type towing damage the vehicle regularly. They don't give spit if they break our toys.

Jloucks

Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/13 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

Brenda41 wrote:

If tow company was not authorized it was vehicle theft. Make a report to the local law enforcement agency. Also, have your vehicle thoroughly inspected for mechanical damage as well as aesthetic. Tows by companies working parking lots and/or repo type towing damage the vehicle regularly. They don't give spit if they break our toys.

I would think if you were in the RV it would also be kidnapping?

Y N ?

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/13 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember the original thread and it was a mess and done with the permission of a local LEO. I suspect something untoward was going on there. Perhaps a complaint to the local state attorney's office is warranted here?

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Walmart I10 Gulfport refund coming
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS