Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Another Rant - can't help it!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another Rant - can't help it!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about this rant. I have never posted a negative thing before but we can't believe the rudeness of some people!! We're staying at a KOA. Sites are a bit narrow but we don't mind. A young couple parked next to us for the weekend (thank goodness just the weekend!). We are grandparents and didn't mind the young kids and their toys. What we did mind was the parents!! They played their radio until 1:30am when DH had to go knock on their door to ask them to turn it off! They had 2 dogs, (we love dogs) but one they kept in a crate and it yapped all day and half the night!! The second night they played games outside until 1am and it was right next to our bedroom slide! Then today when they left, they left a HUGE pile of garbage on their site. This campground does not have trash pickup. You are supposed to put it in the dumpster which is on the way out! What happened to courtesy and consideration for others?
OK. I'm done. thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully It will be another 10 years before I have to vent again! and no, we didn't report them to the office. Since it was just for the weekend we figured we would let it go. Breathe in, breathe out. They are gone!! woohoo!!

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its all in how you was reared by your parents I guess...

We are always very conscience of leaving the camp site as clean as it was when we arrived.

I had one neighbor camper that had the same experience on the other side of him... After they left all their trash and junk we both went to the camp office and got their mail address and packed all of the trash up and mailed it back to them haha...

Would have loved to been there when they happily opened up their package haha...

Roy Ken

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

an old saying goes something like...no one can take advantage of you without your permission. I think I would've spoken with KOA management after the first night. glad they're gone.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Raking leaves....mother nature's way of getting you in shape to shovel snow!

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

2oldman

Moses Lake

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/13 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..and you will be roundly criticized shortly. Happens on every rant post.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/13 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sadly with these type of weekend warriors, everyone affected 'should' report it to the office.

If every time they do these inconsiderate things they get reported and then warned by the CG or better yet ejected from CG, they just might change their actions when they start loosing their CG fees and have to leave.

You'd be doing a favor for the next camper that has the misfortune to have them park next to them.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

Bob & Ann

North AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like RoyB said it is how people are brought up. We have always been conciderate of others. Sounds like you had a bad situation. I seem to speek out more now that I am older. I believe that I would have camped out in the KOA office until something was done about it.

Bob and Ann
One HAPPY Schnauzer - Della
One FRISKY Chihuahua - Lola
Tiffin Motor Home
2014 40 QBH Phaeton
Freightliner Chassis
Cummins ISL 380 HP/150 Torque
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Toad
Brake Buddy Vantage

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/13 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to allude myself that I liked RV'g because if I did not like my neighbors, I could fire up the motor and move, now I know it is not that simple. I have had these kinds of neighbors before and it can be hell.You will run into them again. As one o/p said it a parental thing. Better luck in the future.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/13 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are seeing this every weekend with the young weekend warriors out here. NO consideration for anyone else, only themselves. Around here they think the fire ring is their personal garbage dump, rules are not for them, dogs are a status symbol not pets and this is just in organized camp grounds. Get away from a CG, into dispersed camping and it is even worse. We no longer do dispersed camping by ourselves, for safety reasons......Many of todays youth have no idea what it means to respect others and they stand out when they take up their idea of camping.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

TyroneandGladys

Chandler AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

We are always very conscience of leaving the camp site as clean as it was when we arrived.

I had one neighbor camper that had the same experience on the other side of him... After they left all their trash and junk we both went to the camp office and got their mail address and packed all of the trash up and mailed it back to them haha...

Would have loved to been there when they happily opened up their package haha...

Roy Ken

Saw someone the other day pickup a cigarette that someone had thrown out the window of there car while at a stop light and tossed it back into the car.

Tyrone & Gladys
26' 1986 Coachmen

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/13 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

Roy Ken

That is GOLDEN!!!

Well worth the cost of postage!!!

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Hedwig and Precious.
Portland, OR.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins 5 speed, 3.55 gears, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstien 5100's, 270,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another Rant - can't help it!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS