Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Has this happened to you?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Has this happened to you?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
pearlroxie2

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/13 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife & I are fulltimers and have noticed something durin the past couple of years. Several trips ago, a truck diver emptied his pee bucket against the side of our rig while we were in a Welcome Center. We noticed it while we were exiting the builkding. My wife did'nt want me to confrom the driver for fear that he might try have road rage further down the road. Well fast forward to today and we have a another situation. We did not realize it until we got to the campground for the night. I went to get the sewer hose from the bed of the truck and it was gone. I always put plastic bags at each end of the hose securred by rubber bands to control odor and leakage...well the bags and bands were there but no hose or connectors. The only time that it could have happened was at luch at a rest area (with a trucker parked next to us). I know that some on the forum must be former truckers so please enlighen me. If I am not going up to speed I always pull to the right to let truckers pass as I understand that they are trying to make a living...so what gives?

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you saying that you think a trucker stole your sewer hose???? Kinda hard to imagine what he'd use it for...

As for "pee buckets": you don't know the half of it!

Didja ever notice how many "Gatorade" containers you see by the side of the road? That's the "trucker's friend"...most just fill 'em up and toss 'em out the window- FULL.

And I'm not talkin' with Gatorade, either.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Tachdriver

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it were me I would not bother with someones used sewer hose but then again someone may be that desperate?

KK4PLD

1996 C1500 5.7L Vortec
3.42 w/ 4L60E
2009 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 241 RKS
6,100 lbs. towing weight

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I was you I wouldn't pull into a Flying J or any other trucker fuel station.

Them truckers are just nasty.........

Who else would take the time to remove plastic bags/bands from ends of sewer hose just so they could steal it

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/13 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whenever I stop I walk around my RV. Before I leave I walk around the 2nd time. Trcker stole the handle off my blank tank. (on TT) He probably had a RV that needed one. You have to remember that person was a thief & just happened to be a truck driver. Spoke to a friend the other day that works the oil fields in WY. Starting to be more & more thieves out there. Stealing everything. Off subject but now stealing emergency air packs because they use them in their meth operation. Sad but that is the 21st century. Watch your pet because that is also a big business now.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is how Flying J sells therre Gatorade so cheap.

2005 Chev 5.3 Supercharged 395HP 425 T hp. Two wheels on front, 2 on back. one seat, tint windows. front and rear bumpers, headlights, windows. Door on each side. Heater, floor mats, 6 Reese candy bars, junk behind seats, some dirt. Pulls so hard.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what are you doing to truckers that make them want to do bad things to you? I've never had anything but friendly helpful interaction with ANY truckers while traveling through 49 states and much of Canada. From what I've seen they usually give back about what they get so maybe you just found some who'd just been wronged by an RVer or you don't know for sure it WAS a truck driver.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/13 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe they just blew out? You wouldn't believe the vacuum in the back of your truck going down the freeway. I've lost a few things that way. I've seen my wheel chocks hovering in the bed then making a quick exit while traveling to my destination, LOL.

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/13 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

et2 wrote:

Maybe they just blew out? You wouldn't believe the vacuum in the back of your truck going down the freeway. I've lost a few things that way. I've seen my wheel chocks hovering in the bed then making a quick exit while traveling to my destination, LOL.

Back in the early 80's I was coming out of Yellowstone going down a steep hill heading into Montana. A some point down the hill someone one was wildly waving to me to stop. I pulled over to the side and got out to discover that my sewer house cap got sucked out and the hose (what was left of it) was following down the hill. Since it was on the drivers side it was a hazard to oncoming traffic and probably could have taken out a motorcycle. From that point on I usually drill a hole in the top and bottom of the bumper and run a long bolt from top to bottom with washers and a wing nut. I haven't looked at the new camper I picked up a few days ago but I noticed it does not have a bumper, the hose is held in a compartment inside the body of the unit, I haven't checked to see if the doors covering the hose compartment have locks.

==============================
I just walked outside to check and it looks like the hose is stored inside the locked storage compartment in the front of the camper.

* This post was edited 05/04/13 05:06pm by silvercorvette *

2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Has this happened to you?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS