Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Biggest issue about keeping TT at home
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Biggest issue about keeping TT at home

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was getting breakfast and the Waitress asked, Are you not going camping this weekend? Living in a small town every one knows what your doing. She knew we were not ging because of where in my yard the TT was sitting. Everyone in town knows when we are gone because the TT is gone. Including the bad ones.

Am I complaining? No. But it is something to think about. I have also found out. My neighbors watch my house more when the Tt is gone as well.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

Roundtwo-40

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can't go camping, take your rig to friends house and sit in favorite chair with beer and 12 gauge

2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

Markiemark32

Atlanta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/13 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't even ask anymore and my neighbor brings my mail in and paper when my TT is gone.

One time my wife yelled at me because I had pulled the TT out to front street to finish loading, while a construction crew was wrapping up work next door, worried some "not-so-nice" individuals would pick up that we were travling and would be gone. Okay not yelled, questioned this.

Fortunately most of my neighboors are good people and keep an eye out for unusual activity, they also know we are gone a lot!!!

I have to remind my wife, what home-owners insurance is for, to not worry so much.

This issue, sure does not even get close to benefits of having th RV right at home!!!!

Flip side, my TT store at a storage yard, I constantly went to check for issues there, which out way home issue by a large margin!

Get out there and enjoy the adventures!

Markiemark

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Was getting breakfast and the Waitress asked, Are you not going camping this weekend? Living in a small town every one knows what your doing. She knew we were not ging because of where in my yard the TT was sitting. Everyone in town knows when we are gone because the TT is gone. Including the bad ones.

Am I complaining? No. But it is something to think about. I have also found out. My neighbors watch my house more when the Tt is gone as well.

LOL, we were at a neighbors Christmas party a 1-1/2 yrs ago and they brought up the same thing. They said they can always tell when we're gone cause the trailers gone. They also said they watch our place when they see the trailer gone. Nice neighbors. I guess if bad guys are watching the place and see the trailer gone then it is what it is.

Markiemark32

Atlanta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/13 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good thing, most criminals are not that smart!

Markiemark

bigcitypopo

Ventura Co. - CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/13 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roundtwo-40 wrote:

If you can't go camping, take your rig to friends house and sit in favorite chair with beer and 12 gauge

ooooo, i like that... pull your rig out, park it down the way a bit... sit at your neighbors pad.. and wait!!!! {insert evil maniacal laugh, while rubbing hands}

I can't stand burglars!!

2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

korbe

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like your community is keeping an eye on things for you. They would also spot the bad guys too.

2004 F250 SD PSD
2004 Crossroads Cruiser CF25RS

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to pay $40 a month storage and drive 10 miles round trip every time I need to winterize or maintain or pack my camper

2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We only bring the trailer to the house after trips for cleaning. We prep and load in the storage lot. Someone always ask where we are going assuming we are on our way out. After the last trip we did it and put the rig away later in the day. The next morning I heard the side gate open and saw two neighbor kids eying my tool shed. All it took was to yell out "Honey someones in the yard, LET THE DOGS OUT" On their way out I heard one say " I thought for sure they were gone camping"

The storage lot is 5 minutes away, it works for us.

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
720w solar with three Eco-worthy controllers.
345 ah bank.
Champion 3500/4000 w/ remote start.

Go Dogs

South of Pittsburgh, PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the neighbors watch the house. Irreplacable valuables go with us, or bank security box. Other stuff is insured. Put a hold on the mail. Park the car close to garage door so they can't pull a truck in. Remove garage door opener from the stay-home car.
Lock up the shed. Padlocks on the fence gates. Light timers/radio on in the house. Close curtains on first floor.
If you want to go nuts, get motion sensitive cameras for in/out doors. You can get them with an app, that notifys you when something triggers them, or a home security system.
Ask a trusted relative to stay there, if you are gone for an extended time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Biggest issue about keeping TT at home
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS