Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: The GS Rally in Atlanta
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> The GS Rally in Atlanta

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
wannavolunteerFT

South Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/13 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am planning to attend the Rally in Atlanta and have several questions. I think I have read all the info and FAQ's but still have more questions.

I see the Rally site, says "honey-Wagon" services may be available, but my concern more than black water is gray water. My TT has a comparably small gray tank and fills quickly if I am showering. How expensive are the pumpout services? Will there be dump stations somewhere? Will anyone have access to the full hookup sites that are at the Speedway? I have a small (15 gal) blue boy, but have rarely used it (once in 3 years). I also know that I will have to pull one behind my p/u to dump as I am not strong enough to pull more than a few feet. I am wondering should I buy a larger one or just pay the pumpout fees?

My other question relates to parking TT and truck. I am not the greatest at backing (still practicing) and usually travel by myself. Will getting there on one of the early bird days make parking easier? Are the sites set where you can pull in? And will I be able to get my truck out after I get parked? I get nervous if I don't have an escape route, especially as I have elderly parents who require emergency assistance periodically.

dbbls

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/13 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding parking, I have been to two of the rally's, Redmond and Phoenix, and at both all parking was pull through and your tow vehicle is available. In fact, you could even pull your trailer out any time.

2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> The GS Rally in Atlanta
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS