Woodalls Open Roads Forum: RV.Net Stickers, 2 pics, a story, a question....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV.Net Stickers, 2 pics, a story, a question....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/13 01:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You newbies from the past few years likely will not have any idea what the RV.Net sticker is about.

But a number of years ago now, OK, a lot of years ago now there was a time when these really nifty little stickers were made available to us here. I actually forget what we had to do to get them - perhaps send a SASE to get a couple sent out? I forget. CRS strikes again.

Anyhow, those of us who have been a part of this wonderful forum for more years than we care to admit will possibly remember the cool little RV.Net stickers. They were available for free and we could get them.

Check this out:

Yeah, I got one. I have coveted this thing for a lot of years now, waiting for the right place to use it. Thats my track suit pants it is sitting on when I took this pic.

Pretty nifty huh? Nice sticker!!

Yeah I know, we can go somewhere here and download a likeness of the thing and print it out ourselves and glue it on something, but it isn't the same as that cute little oval sticker that was once available as part of this forum.

Well, there were a lot of posts since around 2005 or thereabouts asking about the availability of these little gems. RV.Net ran out and nobody knew if they would ever be offered again but perhaps maybe one day in the future.....

I got two of them sent to me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when. It was maybe around 2005 or so. I bought my 1995 Sportsmen in that year and proudly pasted one of my two coveted stickers on the back window!

OK, lets fast forward a few years..... well, more than a few, 8 years later. I have not read anything on the forum about these stickers in many years now. The whole idea has appeared to have died.

But I still have one! Waiting for the right time, the right place to use it.

Lets have a look at the one I pasted on the back of my 95 Sportsmen, 8 years later:

Yup, thats it - looking really sorry and worse for wear. I tried to take care of it and not get too close with the power washer whenever I blew the goo off my TT but it kinda wore out, something like the TT did.

I sold that TT today after 8 years of faithful service. After the new owner hooked up, dropped it in drive and punched the throttle to leave the scene of the transaction, a kind of curly smile cracked my lips as I stared at remains of that RV.Net sticker vanishing down the street under the power of a 2005 Dmax. Cool! I thought, you can still read it.

Well, these stickers have been obsolete for a lot of years now, and I still have one, shiny, new, sitting on my desk for 8 years waiting for the perfect opportunity to paste it onto something............

I think I found it. My new to me TT. Alright it is a 97 but it is my new buddy, my new pal, my fishing companion, my home away from home when I boot around the province in my work.

Yeah, think I will carefully apply it to the back of my 97 Topaz, like I did with my Sportsmen. And display it proudly! And maybe some clear something over it to keep it in one piece! After all, it is likely the last one in captivity across Canada and the US!!

I really wish we could still get these cool stickers but after all these years, I guess that is a NO! Maybe I should scan the thing and see what it would cost to duplicate this thing. Hmmmm - yeah, why not? With the forum owners permission and ok and all that of course.
But I bet there are more than one of us here who would like to have one and proudly display it on the back of our RV of choice.

Anyhow, I have a sticker, you don't - NaNaNaNaNaNaNa!!!

Would any of you be interested in having one? If I were to jump through the hoops and get permission and all that and get some made, would you want one? I couldn't sell them - against forum rules and all that but I don't particularly give a flip about a few bucks for some stickers. Maybe an SASE and you get one too?

If there is interest I will check it out, As long as I don't bust up any forum rules doing it!

Yeah!

Edit: Once again my pics are not showing up. Hosting my own website has one inherent disadvantage.
Only a few people at a time can see my pics. So if there are a bunch of you reading the post, many won't see the pics until traffic lightens up.

Sorry bout that!

* This post was edited 06/06/13 08:55am by BobsYourUncle *

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

81 Citation 25' "Tail dragger" "Under construction"

"Workin' man's rig"

Bob's Trucks

Check Out My Rebuild Project

Project Feedback

deleted-2

undisclosed

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/13 01:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neat-o posting...

I love stickers, pins, buttons, badges and patches!
Usually buy the unusual and stash them away in my sticker folderbook.
I'd go for an RV.NET sticker or three.

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/13 03:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a couple of stickers too.

One member even made up some signs to pound into the round at a campsite, with a 6" oval sticker on it. I got one back at a rally in 2004.

You are bringing back some old memories.

I just looked out the window at my RV.Net square sticker, it is still in great shape. It stayed on the north side of my RV all those years, and still looks great. I don't think I applied it by removing the backing, just some soapy water, and stuck it to the clean glass, and it stayed there all these years, even though I drove a few thousand miles with it there.

Fred.

Pepperoni

Ypsilanti, Michigan 48198

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/13 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ine has been on the rear bumper all these years. Still intact, but bleached to a pale pastel blue by the sun and rain.

edatlanta

Central Alabama - Home Base

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/13 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe someone from the "Hey Marcus" team will see this post. I would like to have a sticker for my 5'er.

Ed

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

tenbear

Northern Vermont, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/13 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had one on the rear window of my MH for many years. It had started to curl and break apart. Last summer I scraped it off and put the other one I had on the window. In all the years I had it no one ever asked me about it or afaik ever noticed it was there, but I liked it and was proud of it. I still am.

Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/13 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still have a couple of them. The one on the tongue of the trailer is faded almost completely out.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/13 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob

It would be great to have one or maybe just a scan even.

Thanks

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
490w solar with dual Eco-worthy controllers.
345 ah bank.
Champion 3500/4000 w/ remote start.

DarylSue

Waterloo,New York/Fingerlakes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/13 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would love a couple......had one on old camper but it went with it.....let me know what I need to do to get a couple....Daryl.

Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

dbbls

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/13 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too, would like a couple.

2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV.Net Stickers, 2 pics, a story, a question....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS