Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Inside Decorating of Camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Inside Decorating of Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Familyof4inMD

Pasadena, Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/13 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was curious who on here actually decorates the inside of their camper. My grandmom used to have her whole travel trailer decked out in a wood duck theme complete with the border and everything. I have seen wreaths hanging inside and lamps put up. Entire matching bathroom sets but then it seems the younger generations get these huge campers and it looks exactly as they bought it inside, with nothing decorated. I do decorate inside, i have a matching kitchen set, matching bathroom set, wreath on screen door, candles, little wooden signs put up with camping themes....is this a thing of the past?

2006 Ford F350 4-door Diesel
2008 Jayco Fifth Wheel 31.5 BHDS

Fiverwheel

Southern CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/13 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You just decorate to you hearts content and when we get an invite to your rig, well, we'll just enjoy it!
Yes, we do spruce up the MH and we like it.
Steve

2006 34' Monaco Cayman

lasparrot

outside Ottawa, Canada's Capital

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/13 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decorate mine :-) not in camping theme, but is definitely personalized. It's my home away from home after all!

Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/13 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing that can't be taken down in two minutes. We have some UF Gator stuff here and there. We have a Gator lamp we put on the steering wheel table. Stuff for outside eg flags, lights, etc.

I have seen people that screw stuff into their walls, replace upholstery with weird fabric. paint their name on the outside back of the RV.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

rjf7g

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/13 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We ordered a blue interior in our camper because I have always wanted a Pillsbury Doughboy kitchen...we have Doughboy everywhere! We bought too much Doughboy stuff on eBay but can't bring ourselves to resell it!

2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/13 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only "decoration" I want or need in our MH is my dear wife. I couldn't imagine travelling without her. There'd be no point or no enjoyment by myself.

Opie431

Bellevue, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/13 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I almost caused a divorce because a visiting young friend saw what we had done and her husband did not allow her to make any changes. Allow!!!!!
She finally did get permission to hang a picture and a mouse ate part of their bed spread.

phenrichs

Watertown, SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/13 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our new one for one year and we are beginning to decorate now. We wanted to live in it a while first. Now many of the things that decorate our TT are souvenirs purchased on trips but we are also slowly adding our own personal touches. You naturally make improvements for storage and what not, might as well make some aesthetic updates as well.

2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

hitchup

Fulltiming and on the Road.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/13 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since we sit for long periods, once we get set up, I hang 4 of my Norman Rockwell collector plates. Rehang some other wooden plates we got in Williamsburg, VA the 2nd year of fulltiming. Readjust any loose framed photos, paintings, etc we've acquired at Craft shows or Tourist shops with highlights from our travels.

Then I unroll the area rugs, readjust the Bed Bath and Beyond comforter or quilt (depending on the season) and the afghans in multi colors that I've made. Then lastly, I hang a few dragonfly trinkets we've found on the road.

A few family photo collections also come out of the closet and we're back at home sweet home.

2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Familyof4inMD

Pasadena, Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/13 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I loved all of your comments....especially the one about the wife...that was so sweet! And Fiverwheel you are all welcome anytime! Haha

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Inside Decorating of Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS