Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rant - $200 to fix faucet under warranty... NOT!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rant - $200 to fix faucet under warranty... NOT!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Thunder Mountain

Buena Vista, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/13 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a TT last summer to boondock in the back country of Colorado where wouldn't dare take the MH. When I dewinterized I had a leak in the cold water side of the outside kitchen faucet.

Thought maybe is was a loose fitting. Found out that the yahoo who attached the supply line had cross threaded it. Went to the hardware store and bought a 1/2" cap and capped the supple line so we could go camping.

To get it fixed under warranty I would have to tow the trailer 114 miles to dealer and leave it so they could evaluate it and contact Fleetwood. Then I would have to drive down to pick it up. That is a total of 456 miles. At 8.5 mpg and $3.75 a gallon for gas, it adds up to over $200! Grrrrrrrrr

Found the faucet on rveparts.com for $39. Took fifteen minutes to install and pressure test. Had to vent because it just burns my britches.

2007 HR Endeavor 40'PDQ
2012 Rubicon
2012 Keystone Outback 250RS
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
3 Cats
3 Dogs
2 Arctic Cats
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/13 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well that's what happens when you don't buy locally. be it by need or cost. were you not aware when you bought it that you would have to go back to the selling dealer or nearest dealer of that RV to get warranty work?
bumpy

Thunder Mountain

Buena Vista, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/13 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

well that's what happens when you don't buy locally. be it by need or cost. were you not aware when you bought it that you would have to go back to the selling dealer or nearest dealer of that RV to get warranty work?
bumpy

SORRY BUMPY BUT FOR THE MODEL I WANTED THAT IS MY LOCAL DEALER!!!!!!!!!!

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/13 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thunder Mountain wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

bumpy

Now that is what you call "the middle of no where."

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

crudeman

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/13 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thunder Mountain wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

bumpy

Lol... Hey Thunder if you have a local mobile tech around your are some will do warranty work without leaving your area. When my MH was under warranty I had plenty of warranty work done by mobile techs and independent shops across the usa since fulltiming in 2006. You may want to check around for future repairs if needed .

Steve & Pat
Maggie- Hannah

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

wittmeba

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/13 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The good RV dealers stake claim to so much territory they have leverage with the mfg to keep to many dealers carrying the same brands that many miles are often necessary. We had the same problem with our SunnyBrook. About 200+ miles from Roanoke to Camptown RV in NC. Just glad we didnt have any problems with our rig that I couldnt/didnt want to fix myself.

I think I would have asked the mfg if they would honor warranty work with a local dealer...never hurts to ask.

NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefox® 26.0.1

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/13 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$39.00 and fifteen minutes?
I think Thunder Mountain made a wise choice. JMO

Water-Bug

Traverse City, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/13 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For $39 you could buy approximately ten gallons of fuel. At 12 miles per gallon, that's about 120 miles or a trip to a dealer 60 miles away. So you fixed it for what it would cost to visit a local dealer. What are you ranting about? If you had to spend the $200 it might deserve a rant but then again, it isn't the dealer or manufacturers fault where you live.

Thunder Mountain

Buena Vista, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/13 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wittmeba wrote:

I think I would have asked the mfg if they would honor warranty work with a local dealer...never hurts to ask.

I was told "no" by the dealer on another low cost part! Fleetwood has to have the dealer verify the issue.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/13 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look at it this way: If the dealer had been closer to you, he would have been farther away from somebody else, and they would have to drive the 114 miles.

You chose where to live, you chose the model trailer, you chose the dealer, but it's not your fault you have to drive 114 miles to get warranty work done? Hmmm.

Heck, be glad it was an easy fix and you didn't have to drive the 114 miles to the dealer.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rant - $200 to fix faucet under warranty... NOT!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS