Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Feeling I made a pricey mistake
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Feeling I made a pricey mistake

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
West Beachhouse

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/13 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought I would share my experiences from today. We purchased a new TT and took ownership on 5/20/13. Upon arriving home (160 mile one way trip) the galley mini blind had fallen down. Maiden voyage was two weeks ago and post 5 nights and 850 miles several issues were identified including the rear window day/night shade and valance/cornice had fallen down, rear third break LED light not working properly. We dropped the TT off at the dealer with the list of warranty issues (mostly minor). I contacted the dealer for an update and did not receive and update. Today I contacted the manufacturer, who contacted the dealer on our behalf.
Interestingly we received several emails from the dealer, one such email trail to the manufacturer revealed we were labeled by the service manager at the dealer as "special needs folks."
I feel I made a poor choice in selecting the dealer. Unfortunately, there were only two dealers in our state selling the manufacturer we had selected.
I could have purchased a lessor unit 30 miles away. There is a lot to be said about a dealer's reputation.
Just sharing.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/13 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry for your experience. Lots of dealers seem to have this disrespectful type of attitude or something similar. Of course it only shows up after the sale.
Why not tell us who the dealer was?

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/13 10:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a few issues right after we bought our MH in 04. Dealer is over a three hour drive from our home and I had to drive all the way back for three minor warranty adjustments. Fortunately I have been able to find a reputable rv service center a short drive from home since then so I can get things done conveniently the last several years. Good luck.

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 12:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not clear to me what exactly you're upset about- has the rig been in the shop beyond the timeframe the dealer gave for the repairs?

And what does "special needs folks" mean? Had you asked for some service they don't ordinarily provide???

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/13 01:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

contact the manufacturer. often they will reimburse you for warranty work done at a RV repair shop, if you get prior approval.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

marksoldtowne

Anaheim,CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 01:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually, it is not your mistake as you hoped for the best, but it was unfortunate that you got the wrong piece. I have seen this often that dealer think they are doing any favor by providing the service, which they owe.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 03:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Francesca Knowles wrote:

It's not clear to me what exactly you're upset about- has the rig been in the shop beyond the timeframe the dealer gave for the repairs?

And what does "special needs folks" mean? Had you asked for some service they don't ordinarily provide???

yep and why purchase a lessor one 30 miles away?
stuff happens.
bumpy

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no idea if this is your first RV or not, but be assured it is the norm in the RV business. If you have never visited a RV factory, do so and you will understand the RV world better.

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to understand, you took your trl to a repair facility for shades that fell down and an LED light that isn't working properly?

Please stay tuned on this forum, I REALLY want to see more on this story 6 months from now.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/13 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're not handy with tools you are in for a world of frustration.
Nothing like 1000 miles of freeway driving or 10 miles of rough roads to shake stuff loose.
Whatever goes wrong with your RV you can be sure it's happened to somebody in this forum. Ask how to fix it and you will get many replies.

If you're hung up on warranty, on principal... Good luck to ya.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Feeling I made a pricey mistake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS