Woodalls Open Roads Forum: How many people have never drank water from the tank?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How many people have never drank water from the tank?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/13 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back In the 70s and 80s I drank water from the fresh water tank but after a 30 year break from RVing I started back up and this time out the past 3 years I have been using either bottled water or water from a 5 gallon cooler that I filled up using filtered tap water. I use water from the fresh water tank for flushing washing dished and showers. Myself and my two dogs drink bottled water that I buy in 2 gallon containers or in a case containing 36 12 ounce bottles. When you add up the cost of fuel and other camping costs using bottled water probably only adds about 50 cents a day to my camping expenses.

2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 12:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I run a round of tank sanitization, making sure bleach is run through every faucet, both hot and cold, then call it done. That way, if I did want to make ice or have coffee, that is an option. I also run water through an inline Camco filter which does a good job at removing any real crud.

I toss bottled water, Gatorade, and other drinks in the fridge, which is what I mainly drink, due to the Texas weather.

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 12:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Full-timing for 16 years and we always use the water from our fresh tank for everything. We do have two filters though....

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

TexasShadow

Spring Branch, TX USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/13 02:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we use the tank water all the time. we have 2 filters and we sanitize it with bleach once in awhile.

TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
( Sometimes ) BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
M&G aux brake system
Datastorm 3990
854 watts of solar power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

dahkota

Fulltiming

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the water from the tank. We also drink the water out of our 50 year old pipes at home and the 100 year old pipes at work.

I'm not sure where this fear of water came from but it is making some companies rich.

2008 Ford F250 diesel
2013 Keystone Sprinter 277RLS

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 05:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We drink from the tank and filter the water.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

relaxin

Fenwick, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 05:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I allways use bottled water for drinking, and coffee or tea, if its being boiled like for pasta or steaming vegies then I will use the park water,the thing is you won't know the water is bad,,, possibly untill after your dead, or really sick.
in the past I have gotten ,,,, well lets say the wonderful ability to poop through the eye of a needle at 50 paces from camp ground water,

I have been in parks where the clorine content is so high you can smell it clearly from 5 feet away, and I sure don't want to drink that.

Its just less of a head ache to bring and drink what I am use to, and for 5 bucks for the large jugs 10 litres, that lasts 3 days or more

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a Cougar 26rls, canoe, camera & fishing rod, 1998 GMC crew cab 6.5 litre deisel.
just me and my sexy little cougar in our cougar

RoadLife

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a whole house filter on the rv and use a brita. We do not drink the water - too used to bottled water. The dogs drink the brita water. ;-)

ROADLIFE

RoadLife USA 2014 Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2009 RAV4
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany

beemerphile1

I'm 58, I'm not a

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/13 05:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I drink tank water every day that I camp. What makes the bottled water any different?

You know, there is no new water on this planet. It has the same amount of water that it has always had. Every drop you drink has been drunk previously. and recycled.

Think of all the pollution caused by producing those bottles, transporting them across the country and then filling landfills.

A poor man seeks riches, a rich man seeks power, but a wise man seeks contentment.

2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900/1998 Ford E150 4.6L = 8MPG
2009 Aliner Sport/2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L = 22MPG

Mainehawk

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/13 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The DW drinks bottled water, but that's because she always has to have it cold. I'm not so picky. It comes from my well at home and that's all I care. Bear in mind that I routinely flush it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How many people have never drank water from the tank?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS