Woodalls Open Roads Forum: what could be worse than outside speakers?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> what could be worse than outside speakers?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
BurbMan

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I found out this weekend. Camping at the CG this weekend, nobody next to me and one guy across from me. Sitting outside last night having a cocktail and waiting for the charcoal to heat up all of a sudden I hear loud music coming the neighboring campsite. Not just loud, but clear. Closer inspection reveals not a radio, but a guy with a keyboard setup, microphone, amplifier and large speakers. With the rhythm track on the electronic keyboard it sounded like a cross between Hee Haw and Lawrence Welk. Seriously, this guy could have been giving an outdoor concert in the ampitheater ro playing for a graduation or wedding. Im not talking about a guy sitting around the campfire playing aciutstic guitar or harmonica.

It started blowing and the weather looked dicey so they packed up the gear.....I filled the musical void with some XM Classic Vinyl from my outside speakers

This was a first for me, anybody else ever been serenaded by a band while camping?

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This month, while camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we heard fiddle music. On investigation, we found the campground host sitting under his awning playing some tunes. He offered us 2 chairs and we joined him for the next hour. It was delightful.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kids (1&1/2 German Shepherds)
2007 Winnebago Outlook WF331C on a Ford E450 Super Duty Chassis
2010 Subaru Forester w/BlueOx baseplate & Ready Brute Elite towbar

deleted-2

undisclosed

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've heard fellow campsters playing live music a few times when camping.

I think it's downhome and neat-o.
Kind of relaxing too.

gemsworld

Sunny Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have encountered some church youth groups playing live music and singing at least a couple of times...and Boys Scouts with a bugle.

jbbrick

Near San Francisco

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/13 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I really dislike is hearing others music while camping. Sure, I love lots of different eclectic types but I'd rather not hear anything while I'm trying to relax in the outdoors, even if it's a type I might like. I have an outside radio/cd player and have never turned it on. Music, in my opinion, should never go beyond your own site.

That said, we've gone to some rallies where live music is welcome, and thats fine but thats one of the reasons we attend. There's not much I like more than fiddle and bluegrass but where do you draw the line? Is that ok but not someone else's hip-hop? Who's to say whats acceptable, I'd rather have nothing at all than something I don't like.

'02 Winnie Adventurer 32V
2010 Ford Escape toad

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/13 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's the 'All About Me' attitude.

6dot6

the basement

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/13 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

all about me towards the op or music player?

2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re

BurbMan

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jbbrick wrote:

One thing I really dislike is hearing others music while camping. Sure, I love lots of different eclectic types but I'd rather not hear anything while I'm trying to relax in the outdoors, even if it's a type I might like. I have an outside radio/cd player and have never turned it on. Music, in my opinion, should never go beyond your own site.

That said, we've gone to some rallies where live music is welcome, and thats fine but thats one of the reasons we attend. There's not much I like more than fiddle and bluegrass but where do you draw the line? Is that ok but not someone else's hip-hop? Who's to say whats acceptable, I'd rather have nothing at all than something I don't like.

Agree 100% and that was the point of the post. Admittedly I would have thought it was a lot cooler if the music had been to my liking....I like good bluegrass too and trust me this was not it.....

I did find some good backwoods camping spots, pretty sure this is my first/last/only time at this CG. another pet peeve: CG rules state that vehicles may not be used withi the CG except to leave and return. So everybody has a golf cart and apparently they only have two speeds, off and floored. Must be a lot going on that I am missing since the carts are flying by constantly during the day.

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/13 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

Well I found out this weekend. Camping at the CG this weekend, nobody next to me and one guy across from me. Sitting outside last night having a cocktail and waiting for the charcoal to heat up all of a sudden I hear loud music coming the neighboring campsite. Not just loud, but clear. Closer inspection reveals not a radio, but a guy with a keyboard setup, microphone, amplifier and large speakers. With the rhythm track on the electronic keyboard it sounded like a cross between Hee Haw and Lawrence Welk. Seriously, this guy could have been giving an outdoor concert in the ampitheater ro playing for a graduation or wedding. Im not talking about a guy sitting around the campfire playing aciutstic guitar or harmonica.

It started blowing and the weather looked dicey so they packed up the gear.....I filled the musical void with some XM Classic Vinyl from my outside speakers

This was a first for me, anybody else ever been serenaded by a band while camping?

so what did the campground host, manger, owner or park ranger do when you reported the idiot?

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

vic46

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/13 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were boondocking about 80 klicks west or Red Deer and had invited a couple to come and join us for dinner. Gave them specific directions and carried on. About 10 minutes before we anticipated their arrival the skirl of the pipes wafted into the campsite. Our friends, with a second couple, one of whom was a piper, "marched" into camp to the beat of Scotland the Brave, to a very enthusiastic round of applause from all. Well the party went on to the wee hours and the campsite had four extra bodies the next morning. They also brought some absolutely delightful single malt that did not survive the night.
Campfire, good friends and family, a single malt and a fine cigar, can't see any way to improve that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> what could be worse than outside speakers?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS