Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Camping Ettiquette
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping Ettiquette

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
threecamprs

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do people not follow camping ettiquette? Do you really feel it is ok to walk through someone's site as they are sitting there eating breakfast? Is it ok to allow your dog onto someone else's site? I ask because this is driving my wife crazy. Honestly, after our most recent weekend, it's really getting on my nerves. I don't mind the kids so much as they are kids and a game of manhunt doesn't call for ettiquette. However, the adults that just walk through your site as a short cut and dump a beer can or cigarette butt on the way are just, well, pigs. My wife has seen this at every campground we've been too, and now I notice it. We aren't the cranks, hell, I'll be the first one to invite you by for a beer, but hey is this a fair practice or just bad manners.

lynnwood91

pa

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you, but it's really an unwritten law . I guess it's just proves that person's thoughtlessness. You don't want to become one of those "campground police" and point it out to the violators. Every campground has those.

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just plain bad manners. Some are pigs, some were just never taught. No hope for the former. The latter might learn if you say something.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

ChooChooMan74

Tiverton, RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/13 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to make a sign. "Next time you cut through my campsite, you go around" with a Portuguese flag on it. If you don't understand don't worry... Ita a Portuguese thing.

Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, Tuned By Green Diesel
2011 Rockwood Roo 21BH
Reese DC WDH, CIPA Door Mirrors
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2014 - 12 Camped, 3 Reserved
Can I get a Ramen for The Good Noodle

wkswenson

USA - MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/13 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently stayed in a State Park - don't mind the kids as we were parked with the back of the Rig to the playground (and we expected them to run through)... but the adults, adults with animals, walking right up/past the picnic table while we ate lunch. Several other sites had placed their cars parallel to the road and put signs on their cars telling people it was not a pass through.

Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
RETIRED: 2002 F350 Crew Cab, DRW, 7.3L, Curt Q24K
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

phillyg

Front Royal, VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some people are just plain rude, period.

2002 Keystone Cougar 286, 8,400lbs loaded, pulled with a 2004 F150 Supercrew, 5.4, 3.73 gears. Retired and enjoying life

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It hasn't happened to us too often but we try to avoid sites near the bathrooms, playground, or park trails. Hard to say what can be done about it as some park hosts or rangers are not always available or willing to intervene. Happy Camping!!!

bfast54

Traverse City ,Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/13 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reminds me of a saying...."you cant fix stupid"******

2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2000 Cardinal 27RK LX
Prodigy Brake Controller
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 1300 /GPS
Doran Pressure Pro
VU Qube Satelite
Rally's attended so far-21
My Blog
Good Sam Member

relaxin

Fenwick, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have occasionally been on sites where it ends up the short cut, not because its a path, or roadway, but just laziness. so typically I will block the path, orientate my truck, the kids tent, the trailer, a clothes line my fire wood pile, the extra picnic table, or whatever else is available to tastefully without being to obvious or making my site look like a prison,, block the route,,,, and when that's not enough then I politely redirect them letting it be known I will not trample on their privacy if they respect mine. I have never had anyone who in one fashion or another could not be convinced to respect other people's space.

As for dogs, it comes once I understand it got off its leash, catch it and be done with it, no harm no foul, the next time, I typically call the park warden, and usually don't see the dog loose again after he/she pays a visit, I don't bring my animals to the park so I should not be forced to tolerate other people's animals jumping all over me or anyone else on my site, peeing on things as it wonders through marking its territory, had one tried grabbing at a sandwich my son was eating, knocked him down when he jumped up on him (was 7 at the time), all the owner could yell across from his site across the road is "not to worry he is friendly" the guy did not make no attempt to call his dog back, I had to yell at him to get his dog off my site.
no I am not a dog hater, but I do dislike the people that have no respect for others when it comes to their pets

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a Cougar 26rls, canoe, camera & fishing rod, 1998 GMC crew cab 6.5 litre deisel.
just me and my sexy little cougar in our cougar

gcrisefi

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/13 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's happened to us a few times, I can not stand it. Once our Jack Russell Terrorist bit someone in the rear when he walked through our campsite ( he was under the picnic table and the Trespasser didn't see him ) Guess he will think twice about cutting through someone's campsite next time !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping Ettiquette
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS