Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Any 4th of July camp experiences?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any 4th of July camp experiences?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, since we didn't make it to a campground this year I miss all the people watching. Anyone have any experiences to share from there holiday trips?

grandpalarry

Fulltime

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think half of the humans in this park, were kids on bicycles.
Most are leaving today.
I love kids but when you have to compete for the road and they go thru your campsite at 50 mph, (seems like it), we hade two bang into the back of our rig because they didn't look, at (11pm), should have been in bed.

I don’t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three 14 year old boys playing basket ball next to our 5er, loosing control of the ball and bouncing it off the side our rig. This happened more than a few times. I tried to be patient, but I was not happy. Than this same party's dog "poooed" on our welcome mat. These folks got their dog's deposit returned.
"Twas the least I could do, for it did not belong to me....

Lakeside

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/13 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahh yes, major holiday camping. Lots of nice folks trying to enjoy themselves, mixed in with a small percentage of idiots who ruin the time for many.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

weathershak

Not sure, I need to look out the window

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/13 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

Three 14 year old boys playing basket ball next to our 5er, loosing control of the ball and bouncing it off the side our rig. This happened more than a few times. I tried to be patient, but I was not happy. Than this same party's dog "poooed" on our welcome mat. These folks got their dog's deposit returned.
"Twas the least I could do, for it did not belong to me....

Lakeside

I would have been upset with the basketball too. now the dog was just being friendly. If he could have talked, he would say " Please take me for a walk and be my friend. my masters are too busy playing with that orange ball and are ignoring me, I saw your welcome mat, and it felt like home." I would have placed the dogs deposit right on thier step. It would have not been the first time.

Full timing it since July 2012 My pics

deleted-2

undisclosed

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How dare people go camping on the 4th LOL .

I know I wouldn't dare do it, then again we had more than enough noise and people here in the neighborhood yesterday.
All is quiet now...whew!

Roundtwo-40

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/13 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Refuse to go on Big holidays, JMO but I cannot relax in an overcrowded park (I think of the pool scene in Caddyshack)full of 7 year olds driving golf carts into things, (last time it was a grill,a pavillion tent, and the picnic table of his parents site.. ) I will spend my few camping experiences on quieter times.

2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

roam1

Gulf Breeze FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the Smokey Mountains:
Rain, more rain, then lotsa rain, then the sky opened up and dropped mother of all rains, now just a little rain,,,,,.....

* This post was edited 07/05/13 02:55pm by roam1 *

Halmfamily

Munford, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/13 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cancelled our trip for the 4th and will be going next week. Glad we did as it has been raining at the Gulf for the last four days. Hate to see all of those vacations ruined. As they say, a bad day of camping is better than a good day at work. Travel on and pray for the sun to come out.

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman bike rack
2013 FR Sandpiper 366FL 40' Front Living Room 4 Slides. 12650 lbs (Sandy)

moose888

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/13 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to Gettysburg for the holiday for the 150th reenactment which was great ! Now the camp ground Round Top Campground well it sucked ! The sight next to me is a season renter and a junk collector. I was talking to him and he is a HVAC contractor and collects copper from his jobs and keeps it at the camp ground. The pool was nice but everything else was run down. The park seems to be more into seasonal campers who leave TT and 5th wheels here all summer. The store was not much closed by 7pm and had very little in it. The activities was a two night outside movie of Gettysburg. I could have just kept my mouth shut but they raised the price because of the holiday and 150th reenactment so it cost us almost $700 for the week. If you want your moneys worth go some where else not this camp ground. Oh yea ! my sight was supposed to have a WIFI but then they said you had to pay by the day. NO security what so ever NONE come and go as you please anyone !
KOA here I come !!!!!!!!! ONE STAR can you give less?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any 4th of July camp experiences?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS