Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Campground recommendation Melbourne Fl.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campground recommendation Melbourne Fl.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
scooter4

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/13 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking to spend a week on the east coast of Florida in the area of Melbourne. Can anyone recommend a nice full service park very close to the beach.
Thanks Scooter

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

NCWriter

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/13 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neither of these are on the ocean, but they are on the water in the area and would be close to the beach. Not sure if there is a good option right on the Atlantic on sandy beach, so I'll pass on the following.

We've stayed in Sebastian Inlet State Park about 15 miles south of there. Some prize sites right on the inlet. Nice place, though we had mosquitos because our site was at the marsh end of the campground. (Not unusual of course in Florida anywhere.) Very popular with fishing folks. Interesting McLarty Treasure Museum near by with history of the Spansh fleet that sank just offshore.

We're booked for a few nights next January at Long Point, which is a Brevard County Park with Melbourne Beach address on a little island in the Indian River with a causeway to reach it. Under $30 a night for water and electric. They also have sites with sewer. No personal experience yet, but the price is great.

2006 Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit 210B Sprinter,
also known as the "Lab Cab" for Hearing Dog Raylene
(a 2014 graduate of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc.)

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/13 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's another option, close to the beach, a little further from Melbourne: http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_index

Or, right in the middle of Melbourne, but a few miles to the beach: http://www.brevardcounty.us/ParksRecreation/Campgrounds/Wickham/Features

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

Halmfamily

Munford, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/13 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jetty Park at Port Canaveral is right on the beach and on the port. Can watch the ships come and go. Very quite also. Never stayed there personally but lived less than a mile away for many years. Loved the area, only 30 minutes down A1A from Melbourne. Recently remodeled also. Will be staying there next spring when we visit family. Travel on.

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman bike rack
2013 FR Sandpiper 366FL 40' Front Living Room 4 Slides. 12650 lbs (Sandy)

H345

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jetty Park is the best choice and location for the area ! Have Fun !

scooter4

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been at Jetty park a few years back, and I felt at that time the park was grossly neglected,the roads were very dusty and the hookups were just hanging there. The website says the park was remodeled and it is possible the conditions are better now. If anyone has been there lately, I would be interested in what the park looks like now. If things
have improved since my last visit I will give it another try.
Scooter.

jsb4374

Space Coast of FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/13 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jetty Park would be my first choice out of the above three. We live only about 30 minutes away and stay there a couple times a year just for a quick get away. They have completely re-done the campground and walking distance to the beach, have a long pier out over the Jetty, you can watch the cruise ships come and go and have several local restaurants just down the street. Sebastian Inlet and Long Point are also nice but if you are traveling between April and October I would not recommend those parks as the "no see ums" are really bad.

2012 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS (Liberty Edition)
2011 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4WD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campground recommendation Melbourne Fl.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS