Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: VENTING//Unbelievable how some parents are morons..
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> VENTING//Unbelievable how some parents are morons..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
carpetguy2

Rockford IL.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping on the 4th in Wisconsin.Where we were at is was quiet.
When we had to leave there a sharp curve and as narrow as my whole rig.
By a little pond.Where 5 kids were fishing with a dad .
I pull up and assume they would move.They stood there like I had plenty of room.
So I pulled forward as I was grazing them all.Dad and kids stood there.
Gave them a warning better move as the end was coming around and all they did was move the tackle box over a hair.I seen the box hit the tires still and the kid grabs it as the Idiot parent watched.
Just some people don't need kids I swear.

2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2010 Sandpiper 345 RET
2011 Harley Ultra limited
20 ft Searay 190 Seville

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/13 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess the kids didn't teach the parents that part yet

Where I Am Now

Amateur Radio Operator KK9W ARRL VE FT DX2000

Steve and Joy
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35 LKTS
2014 Ford F 350 Lariat Dually Camper Package
Cooper . . . The Aussie-Doodle, Yogi . . . The Yorkie, Cookie . . . The Chiuaiua

BeerCan

Sticks of Fire

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what you are saying is that the driver of the camping rig was operating in an unsafe manner. He continued to operate his vehicle even though he felt there may be human life in danger. It was more important for him to feel superior over the other person than to get out of his vehicle and correct the issue and avoid loss/harm of life.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think he said that at all.
If they don't want to move their things then I'd run over them too. Heck, they must not care.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

Mr_MrsSchlepprock250

Archdale NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 06:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BeerCan wrote:

So what you are saying is that the driver of the camping rig was operating in an unsafe manner. He continued to operate his vehicle even though he felt there may be human life in danger. It was more important for him to feel superior over the other person than to get out of his vehicle and correct the issue and avoid loss/harm of life.

Sooo,what YOU are saying is that the driver should've stopped and waited until the people were finished fishing?

Phil&April
'99F-250Superduty4x4/CrewCab/7.3
'04Tahoe4x4/5.3
Sierra/Forest River 30'TT
We used to have Johnny Cash and Bob Hope,now we have no cash and no hope.

carpetguy2

Rockford IL.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr_MrsSchlepprock250 wrote:

BeerCan wrote:

Sooo,what YOU are saying is that the driver should've stopped and waited until the people were finished fishing?

My wife and I gave them a few minutes as they seen us sitting there.Wasnt sitting there to watch them fish.Common sense would of said well move for a minute so you can get by .
Lack of common sense and respect is a long lost thing these days .
Wonder why the world is what it is

MSGTRETIREDCSP

Burlington, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/13 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BeerCan wrote:

Let me guess, I'll bet you were the dad that was standing there with the kids, Right?

2008 Ford, F-350, CC, 6.4 PSD
2007 Select Suites 5th Wheel

wbrown62

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/13 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MSGTRETIREDCSP wrote:

BeerCan wrote:

Let me guess, I'll bet you were the dad that was standing there with the kids, Right?

and holding a beer.

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/13 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or there was plenty of room and the RV driver was not as familiar with or as proficient with the large vehicle he was driving as he should have been, and knowing this himself assumed all should know it and not have trusted his driving ability’s…

Having seen so many in this situation, that can’t get in and out of fuel islands and curb wheels, if it were me and the kids I may have thrown my rod and gear in the lake and ran in fear of life and limb, making it only dangerous for the slowest of us…

In this scenario all parties were guilty of making wrong assumptions, thus causing a stare down between the dad and the driver and even a more dangerous situation…

Or it happen exactly as the op reported it to be… if only I could ask the dad his version… I would give good odds it would be a much different tale…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> VENTING//Unbelievable how some parents are morons..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS