Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Most common campground complaints?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Most common campground complaints?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next
karead7

Wherever we happen to be

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/13 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Running a campground for this season, we're lucky (or maybe hard working enough?) that we don't hear about too many complaints.

So we were thinking, what things have you found to complain about at a campground? What's the most common thing you dislike that a campground manager would be able to do something about?

Here's our experience with complaints so far...

http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2013/07/campground-complaints.html

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Barking dogs and their stupid deaf owners.

B.O.

2011 Big Country 3250TS...2010 Ram CC Laramie 4wd Cummins

gmcsmoke

Butler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just do a search for complaint in this forum; you;'ll have a years worth of *****ing.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/13 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So we were thinking, what things have you found to complain about at a campground? What's the most common thing you dislike that a campground manager would be able to do something about?

My biggest complaint is dirty restrooms, and shower houses. And those are not always the manager's fault. But cleaning them at least 2 times a day is a good thing.

And of course running generators. Yes EVEN in CGs with full hookups. Some people still feel the need to run generators. A no generator rule goes along way.

And those that don't look after their dog. Again not always the Manager's fault. But enforcing the rules about barking helps. as for the idiots that don't pick up after their dog. Not a lot you can do about them, unless you catch them doing it. We just return the gift to the owner's. Cause I'm sure they want to keep all of their sweet little dog's possessions.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many RVers don't complain. We just cut stay to one day & don't go back. Our biggest problem is the full slide on one side & 2nd slide on other side. Sometimes we have to ask for another site if not enough room to open them. We have always been given another site. Some RV parks just have conditions that can't be changed. An uphill slope is OK for 5vers & TTs not so much for MHs. Why would I complain? That is design issue not a management issue.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't normally complain about other campers actions. Yes they irritate me, but humans are humans. Folks are camping they are not attending a prison camp.
I know that bath houses are hard to maintain, but many seem to have had no thought put into the design. I also, from the postings of a couple of campground owners that post here, surmise that this is a low profit business.
However you cannot build a shower room that is used by scores of people each day and expect it to last 30 years, with out upgrading.
I also want the seasonals to be in a separate area. Many is the time that I am made to feel like an interloper. Seasonal folks if not closely monitored also tend to expand their site, even if it is just a foot or so makes a big difference.

One other complaint, if you have a clubhouse/bar on premises, let me know if you are having a biker rally/battle of the bands when I make my reservations!

karead7

Wherever we happen to be

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/13 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good points Terryallan.

One of the things we have received compliments about is our washrooms. But they do take up a LOT of time because, well to be honest, some people are not the most considerate when they use the facilities. To put it mildly. Yes, they need attention at least twice a day, and actually...a lot more often than that!

We have a no generator rule at our park.

Surprisingly, we have had very few dog issues. I have not yet had to pick up a dog poop, and have only had to tell 2 or 3 campers about not having their pooch tied up. And these have only been with very small dogs.

IDman

colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Noisy kids who play everywhere EXCEPT their site; loud music

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/13 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Golf carts that simply going round and round and round. Campers who think their noise stays on their campsite and ignore quiet hours. Hot humid neglected bath houses. Campers who overflow their campsite onto yours.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2000 Hurricane 30Q

tnscoutr

Memphis, TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/13 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping trips that must always come to an end!

06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
04 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Most common campground complaints?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: