Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Golf carts?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Golf carts?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
roam1

Gulf Breeze FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of my RVing has been west of the Mississippi. This year we decided to tour east of the Mississippi. I don't know if this is one of those 17 year hatch kind of things but there seems to be a LOT of golf carts driving round and round campgrounds. Couldn't be more than a few hundred yards round the whole place so I get the feeling they are more for entertainment than transportation.

Sort of feel LikeI'm at the carnival next to the carousel!

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, just wish everyone would leave them home.

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are dangerous - can't hear them coming up behind you... And of course you are in the way hehe...

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the campgrounds. Many State and Federal parks do not allow them. Thankfully.

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

eadeal55

Suffolk VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ten years ago, in my home RV park (private) in Va Beach, there were 3-4 golf carts...now there are 3-4 hundred. Today they are regulated by annual fees, safety inspections and insurance checks. Can't bring it thru the gate unless it is registered, and has a current sticker. Also, no gas carts allowed, only electric. Yes, mostly for entertainment and joy riding around the campground, though we are spread out with over 400 sites on 100+ acres.

Andy & Lee, plus Ruby (15) & Bella (10), the Cocker Spaniel girls
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, President 2012-14

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless the camper has a physical disability I see no reason for them in CG's. Especially the campers that use them as babysitters for their kids. Sending them off at the crack of dawn on the golf cart with instructions not to come back until dinner time as they drive around and around the CG all day long. More and more CG's are not allowing them, as Martha would say, that's a good thing.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

gcloss

Long Island, NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spend many weekends a season in a CG where about 60% of the campers are seasonal. It seems that one of the requirements to be a seasonal is to have a golf cart. In this CG golf carts are everywhere like cockroaches. They drive them to the pool, bathrooms, showers, everywhere.

I have a friend that is a seasonal in this CG with a golf cart. They cannot walk to our site 200 feet away without driving the golf cart. On July 4th weekend we camped behind a seasonal with a golf cart and the entire family couldn't walk 10 feet without taking the golf cart. They must have been in and out of the site over 50 times in one day driving the golf cart.

I just think they are a pure annoyance when camping.

2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2009 Jayco Eagle 256RKS

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't own a golf cart but if I did I would use it too. There are plenty of things people bring to CG's that I think are stupid but that's their business. Children who are not licensed to operate a motor vehicle should not be allowed to operate them.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JohnnyT

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from class A forums

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gcloss wrote:

We spend many weekends a season in a CG where about 60% of the campers are seasonal. It seems that one of the requirements to be a seasonal is to have a golf cart. In this CG golf carts are everywhere like cockroaches. They drive them to the pool, bathrooms, showers, everywhere.

I have a friend that is a seasonal in this CG with a golf cart. They cannot walk to our site 200 feet away without driving the golf cart. On July 4th weekend we camped behind a seasonal with a golf cart and the entire family couldn't walk 10 feet without taking the golf cart. They must have been in and out of the site over 50 times in one day driving the golf cart.

I just think they are a pure annoyance when camping.

Hmm, this should give thetford some ideas. All they'd need to do is get a hole in the seat, a bucket, and nobody would have to ever get off the golf cart.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Golf carts?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS