Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Gag Order?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gag Order?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all this is NOT a Camping World bash. Just curious.

How come when the management team of Camping World gets involved with a problem, we never hear from the original poster as to the resolution?

I think that Marcus is really of the right road with his leadership style, but when a camper has a problem, they seem to disappear into a "black hole" and are never heard from again on that issue.

Surely Camping World has "done the right thing" with a problem, but we never hear about it, good or bad.

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

grandpalarry

Fulltime

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kind of follows the theim of complaints vs. complaments.
If a camper has a good time they go away happy, if they have a bad time they do the camping rant dance and scream on all the forums.
Look at the campground rating web sites, 80% are rants, the other 20% are brief paragraphs.

I don’t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The threadtitle ("Gag Order?") seems to imply that Camping World somehow "shuts folks up" as terms of a settlement or something. I doubt that very much. I think it's just bad manners on the part of the folks that post complaints.

Though some few post back to tell us the outcomes, the general rule here seems to be that squeaking wheels shut up once they're greased.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing more annoying than no reply from a poster with a question or complaint.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THEY 'added' these forums to hear the complaints. They have the link back to these CW and GS forums on everything they own. That is why you see a lot of new members posting their problems as their first post.

They bought something Affinity and when they encountered a problem the link to this forum is made available for them to post their problem. Of course they have to join the forum to post. I don't see anything wrong with these people posting their problem here since GS made this link available to them to do just that. It's an invitation from GS.

It shows what most of us have known and encountered for years. If you can't get results by calling the stores at least by posting it here they ARE getting results or at least an email from a GS rep.

Most don't join the forum for the fun of it they joined because that was the instructions given to use the link they were provided to CW and GS to post a concern. So all the reply's of "first post and a rant" are really not applicable.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

dqdick

Council Grove, KS

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with the rest of the forum not getting the results is that we're not sure they were taken care of properly. Since Good Sam has a reputation for helping RVers who have gotten poor service or products and then writing about it in the magazine it makes you wonder if you're better off not dealing with Camping World because where would you then go for conflict resolution. Better for Camping World/Good Sam to make sure we hear things came out alright.

Dick and Joyce
2010 Montana 3665RE
Dodge 2500HD Maxi Cab Laramie Edition
Diego, Norm, & Bitsy

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel that it's because people are more prone to complain than compliment. If you take a random survey of the threads on this forum, you'll probably find twice as many people complaining about something, than those who compliment or praise something.

Those people who are dealing with CW don't fall into a "Black Hole", they just have their problem solved, and forget about it.....and it's up to them, to let us know what happens.
I guess CW could have someone who writes a note telling you what they did, but then it seems as if they are patting themselves on the back, and someone would probably complain

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

royl

The USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/13 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a problem with an item from camping world and posted a post to Marcus. He replied and told me who to contact. Problem was solved the same day. For me it was a great service.

Roy & Sabine
1 Spoiled Chihuahua Dog
1 Spoiled Cat
1998 Winnebago Itasca 35' Class A with Banks Powerpack

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PapPappy wrote:

I feel that it's because people are more prone to complain than compliment. If you take a random survey of the threads on this forum, you'll probably find twice as many people complaining about something, than those who compliment or praise something.

Those people who are dealing with CW don't fall into a "Black Hole", they just have their problem solved, and forget about it.....and it's up to them, to let us know what happens.
I guess CW could have someone who writes a note telling you what they did, but then it seems as if they are patting themselves on the back, and someone would probably complain

Agree. People don't come back and post the results very often.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/13 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no "Gag Order". Not a good title for your thread. Kudos for CW/GS for even letting them be aired. Most companies would not do that.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gag Order?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS