Woodalls Open Roads Forum: I'll be glad when school is back in session.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I'll be glad when school is back in session.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
stro1965

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were at a State Park this weekend. Park was packed. My wife and daughter and I were sitting around the campfire in the dark when the dogs started going berserk. There were kids walking through our campsite and, apparently, hiding from each other behind "our" trees. My wife asked a girl, maybe 12 years old, to please play somewhere else. She was told "you ain't my mama!"

A few minutes later, 3 or 4 of the little hooligans came back, obviously just to prove that they could do whatever they wanted. I got involved this time and a boy told me "you're not the police!" (I am, actually, but not in that county)

My voice raised a little higher than it probably should have at that point but they left, and I later heard an adult male tell them to "get over here" and they were gone for the night.

I can't wait for school to be back in session so I don't have to tolerate other people's rude, inconsiderate, unsupervised children. Rant over.

2014 Ram 3500 6.7
2012 KZ Stoneridge 35RE

Whidbeydavid

Whidbey Island, Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/13 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar situation recently while stopping for groceries on a trip. Two teenage boys were joyriding in the motorized shopping carts in the store, running into customers and store displays. Store employees refused to approach them, saying "We've called the manager". I chose to approach them and, in a command voice, directed them to stop, get off the carts and leave the store immediately. One of them told me "you don't work here", but then reconsidered when he realized he had a large, hairy pissed-off man to deal with, who wasn't backing off or concerned about being polite. They got off the carts and ran.

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/13 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stro1965 wrote:

We were at a State Park this weekend. Park was packed. My wife and daughter and I were sitting around the campfire in the dark when the dogs started going berserk. There were kids walking through our campsite and, apparently, hiding from each other behind "our" trees. My wife asked a girl, maybe 12 years old, to please play somewhere else. She was told "you ain't my mama!"

A few minutes later, 3 or 4 of the little hooligans came back, obviously just to prove that they could do whatever they wanted. I got involved this time and a boy told me "you're not the police!" (I am, actually, but not in that county)

My voice raised a little higher than it probably should have at that point but they left, and I later heard an adult male tell them to "get over here" and they were gone for the night.

I can't wait for school to be back in session so I don't have to tolerate other people's rude, inconsiderate, unsupervised children. Rant over.

that's a large part of why we confine most of our trips to mar/apr/may and aug/sep/oct. we place a high value on peace and quiet and with the kiddies in school we usually find it. spring and fall weekends are still somewhat of a problem but we've found that many families confine their camping/RVing to holiday weekends.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

joegray

British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And just think.... their teachers put up with that behavior all year.

2oldman

Wilson Creek WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't imagine any scolding the OP on this rant, but we shall see!

Pauljdav

Everett, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another reason I like the Thousand Trails. I have not had issues with noise or rudeness that seems to happen more at the state and county parks.

Plus I do not need to reserve the site months in advance.
Paul

stro1965

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joegray wrote:

And just think.... their teachers put up with that behavior all year.

I couldn't do it on a bet!

stro1965

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 09:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forgot to mention...we were camped right next to the camp host. They were a nice elderly couple who chose to remain silent.

popupcamping

Woodstock,N.B.

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Just don't understand the rant. Sounds like kids being kids and once the parents noticed it stopped.

Likely if a wild animal was roaming through your site your dog would have started yapping at that.

My dog (RIP) was trained not to bark at anything.

stro1965

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/13 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

popupcamping wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Just don't understand the rant. Sounds like kids being kids and once the parents noticed it stopped.

Likely if a wild animal was roaming through your site your dog would have started yapping at that.

My dog (RIP) was trained not to bark at anything.

When we were kids we were considerate and respectful of adults and smart enough to realize when we'd crossed a line. Wouldn't have even THOUGHT about talking like that to an adult.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I'll be glad when school is back in session.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS