Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: MAYBERRY CG NEXT WEEKEND?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> MAYBERRY CG NEXT WEEKEND?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/13 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HEY GUYS, sadly we have went on only one trip this season. last year we had around 15 trips by this time. our schedule has changed due to school and I have to go every sat from 8-5 to school. we are thinking of going this thursday and stay till sunday.my class is only about 10 mins from the cg. anyone else happen to heading there next weekend? Will and Shannon

amxpress

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/13 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When going to the Mt. Airy area, we have always stayed at Fancy Gap KOA. If you've never stayed there, you might consider it. We like it better than Mayberry CG because there's shade and other amenities.
Have fun.

2007 Dodge RAM 2500 Quad Cab w/6.7 Cummins
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
Reese 15K Pro Series manual slide
Prodigy
Firestone Air Bags
Champion 3500 genny
M.I.L denied parole! Yeah!

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/13 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

amxpress wrote:

When going to the Mt. Airy area, we have always stayed at Fancy Gap KOA. If you've never stayed there, you might consider it. We like it better than Mayberry CG because there's shade and other amenities.
Have fun.
we have been their before, I like taking my golf cart and the two fishing ponds of mayberry. and its minutes from school for class on sat in the am. its just more convieniant for us in this situation. thanks for the recomendation though. will

Oaklevel

MidAlantic

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/13 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like Mayberry better too but we left our camper at Ocean Lakes being we are going back to OL Labor Day (Last few years we were at Mayberry Labor Day weekend.)

Wish we were going though......a few issues with leaving the camper else where (can't use it) LOL....... we are way behind on our camping too DW has been working most Saturdays in Stoneville.

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/13 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oaklevel wrote:

We like Mayberry better too but we left our camper at Ocean Lakes being we are going back to OL Labor Day (Last few years we were at Mayberry Labor Day weekend.)

Wish we were going though......a few issues with leaving the camper else where (can't use it) LOL....... we are way behind on our camping too DW has been working most Saturdays in Stoneville.
Yes, I like having our tt here at home so when we decide to go somewhere we dont have the problem of it being 200+ miles away. OL is a nice cg but not the only one I like to visit. Ps we live close to stoneville. will

Oaklevel

MidAlantic

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/13 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

Oaklevel wrote:

Yes, I like having our tt here at home so when we decide to go somewhere we dont have the problem of it being 200+ miles away. OL is a nice cg but not the only one I like to visit. Ps we live close to stoneville. will

I agree with ya there.... But we were at OL in July & going back Labor Day Week so thought it save a little $ & store it there for a few weeks I'm not crazy about it though......... We are a little north of Martinsville.......Dave

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/13 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oaklevel wrote:

Wills250psd wrote:

Oaklevel wrote:

I agree with ya there.... But we were at OL in July & going back Labor Day Week so thought it save a little $ & store it there for a few weeks I'm not crazy about it though......... We are a little north of Martinsville.......Dave
We boght a few rvs from econorv in basset is that close to you? Will

Oaklevel

MidAlantic

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/13 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes we live within in a couple miles of there we bought our last two campers, from them...... Their the original owner "Bobby" has it back again as of about a month ago.........

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/13 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oaklevel wrote:

Yes we live within in a couple miles of there we bought our last two campers, from them...... Their the original owner "Bobby" has it back again as of about a month ago.........
Bobby Tatum is the only honest salesman I have ever met. its even better that his is the owner. they also had the best prices by many thousands over any dealer within 500 miles. I sent 10 or 12 customers to him and they all bought a TT or 5er due to the price. and the service dept is second to none, none of that pass the buck BS, its fixed very quickly and correctly even if the factory dont want to pay! he stands behind what he sales!! I am glad he is back maybe next summer it will be time to upgrade lol.Will

sljohnson1938

Mount Airy, NC - USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/13 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in Mt. Airy, there are two CG's near it. Both are right off I74. Mayberry CG is off exit 8 and the other Beechnut is off exit 11. Beechnut has a pool and a small lake for fishing. We used to stay the summer at Beechnut. Mayberry is larger and easier to park in. Not sure of the current rates, but Beechnut charges $40 per nite if I remember right. Both are FHU. Downtown Mt. Airy should be about 5-6 miles away. If you plan to go to Snappy Lunch get there around 11:30.

There is a Wal-Mart on US601 we have seen over niters there.

Meet you for lunch and get a pork chop sandwich.

1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Forest River Wildcat 5er 27' rear kitchen
Ham radio - WU4S

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> MAYBERRY CG NEXT WEEKEND?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts