Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Hershey Show who is going, and good places to camp?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Hershey Show who is going, and good places to camp?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Dyngbld

Central VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/13 11:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Planing on going to the Hershey show next month? Where are you camping?

I have looked at dozens of campgrounds. We are heading north from Virginia, any good campgrounds not to far away from the show? rvparkreview has been some help but not much.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/13 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hershey Highmeadows Campground is nice and close to the show.
If you can't get in, other options are, Twin Grove and Lickdale. They're about 22 miles North of Hershey.
We go to Twin Grove, it's very nice. I've never been to Lickdale but I've been told it is a nice campground.
There are others in the area, I'm sure they'e nice. I've never heard anything pro or con about them.
They also allow boondocking at the old airport near the show.
We'll be going to the show, but we're not taking the RV.

HDrider44

Merlin, Oregon,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/13 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just heard about the show a week ago and have done some calling around for a spot. It seems it is a VERY popular RV show and spaces are hard to find. We found a couple that we could stay at for only a couple day but not for the entire show so far.

Dave & Diane and Jack (Our Golden)
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

More To See

San Diego Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/13 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We plan on using Hershey as our turnaround point before heading back west. But this late in the game don't plan on camping anywhere near there. Will just rent a vehicle to get to the show since we don't tow. Really looking forward to Hershey since Pomona (Los Angeles area) has been pretty disappointing in recent years. We have been doing Pomona in way less than a half day. It seems Hershey needs maybe two days. Sure hope so!

95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

RogerNCindy

Sometimes here, sometimes there.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/13 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

If you can't get in, other options are, Twin Grove and Lickdale. They're about 22 miles North of Hershey.
We go to Twin Grove, it's very nice. I've never been to Lickdale but I've been told it is a nice campground.
There are others in the area, I'm sure they'e nice. I've never heard anything pro or con about them.

What is the name of the airport and/or where is it?

Dyngbld

Central VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/13 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HDrider44 wrote:

We just heard about the show a week ago and have done some calling around for a spot. It seems it is a VERY popular RV show and spaces are hard to find. We found a couple that we could stay at for only a couple day but not for the entire show so far.

I was afraid of that. I can't make long range plans most of the time, due to family and work schedules. I was hoping I could find a place with-in an hours drive of show, for a couple of days. I will have to call around. I am not setup for boondocking. (The girls need a potty.) We are about 5hrs south of Hershey so drive up and back in one day is not really feasible but also not out of the question. Wouldn't be the first time I have driven 4 hours for an event.

fsujeeper

md

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/13 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you can dry-camp on hershey's grounds.

HDrider44

Merlin, Oregon,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/13 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We was able to secure a spot today at Pinch Pond from the 5th to the 16th. I guess they are 14 miles from Hershey so not bad I guess.
We wanted extra time to tour the area as well as see the show.

taigarazz

delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/13 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you need a reservation for dry camping on the grounds? The web site doesn't seem to have that info
Linda

RogerNCindy

Sometimes here, sometimes there.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/13 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RogerNCindy wrote:

gbopp wrote:

What is the name of the airport and/or where is it?

For those interested, the airport is right across the street from the RV show. The RV overnight parking area, according the show website, is near pole 116. If you check out the website map of the "Outdoor Exhibits," and zoom in, you can see pole 116 and rectangles apparently representing RVs.

We're interested in finding out more about boondocking at the airport across the street. So, if anyone has info, please let us know.

Camping at the show would be fine, except I don't want to get there and find out they're full, and the overnight generator restriction could be problematic...

(Since this thread is (partially) about places to camp for the show, I thought this might be on topic. If not, I can create a new thread)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Hershey Show who is going, and good places to camp?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS