Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Looking for seasonal site in family campground VA or MD
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

 > Looking for seasonal site in family campground VA or MD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Cla

Virginia

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/13 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello we are looking for a seasonal site within 2-3 hours from northern Virginia. The closer the better. We have teenage kids.

Anybody familiar with the campgrounds in colonial beach?

Thanks

tandkj

Full timer

Senior Member

Joined: 08/04/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/13 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check into 1000 trails by buying a seasonal area pass. They ae located near Gloucester. I think the campground at Lake Anna, Christopher Run Campground, has seasonal sites.


Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

ependydad

Columbia, MD

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2011

View Profile



Posted: 08/26/13 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cla wrote:

Hello we are looking for a seasonal site within 2-3 hours from northern Virginia. The closer the better. We have teenage kids.

Anybody familiar with the campgrounds in colonial beach?

Thanks


We've visited the Outdoor World/Thousand Trails park in Colonial Beach (Harborview, I believe). We enjoyed it and they had some of the nicest people I've ever met each time that we have been there.

Otherwise, in Woodbine, Maryland is Ramblin' Pines that seems like it would make a good seasonal site.


2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion hitch
Nights Camped: 2013: 47, 2012: 52, 2011: 28
Learning to RV, mishaps and adventures - Towing Planner - Calculators + Estimators


panamacamper1

Maryland

Full Member

Joined: 03/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/28/13 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally, with teenagers, I would look at Beth Page for a seasonal site. We went there for the first time this year and love the place.

Cla

Virginia

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/28/13 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

Cla wrote:

Hello we are looking for a seasonal site within 2-3 hours from northern Virginia. The closer the better. We have teenage kids.

Anybody familiar with the campgrounds in colonial beach?

Thanks


We've visited the Outdoor World/Thousand Trails park in Colonial Beach (Harborview, I believe). We enjoyed it and they had some of the nicest people I've ever met each time that we have been there.

Otherwise, in Woodbine, Maryland is Ramblin' Pines that seems like it would make a good seasonal site.


Thanks!

ependydad

Columbia, MD

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2011

View Profile



Posted: 08/29/13 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The other option- it's more than 2-3 hours, but if you're beach bums, Ocean City (well, Fenwick Island just north of there) has Treasure Beach RV "City" (seriously, it's something like 1,000 sites and was more town like than anything I've ever seen!).

Cla

Virginia

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/29/13 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

The other option- it's more than 2-3 hours, but if you're beach bums, Ocean City (well, Fenwick Island just north of there) has Treasure Beach RV "City" (seriously, it's something like 1,000 sites and was more town like than anything I've ever seen!).


We are beach bums ! Thanks ...checking out right now

aarond76

home

Senior Member

Joined: 10/06/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/22/13 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check our gullsway.com in Dagsboro DE. Its maybe 15 minutes west of Treasure Beach, on a creek off of Indian River Bay, cheaper than Treasure Beach as well but still close enough to the beach.

Cla

Virginia

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/07/13 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aarond76 wrote:

Check our gullsway.com in Dagsboro DE. Its maybe 15 minutes west of Treasure Beach, on a creek off of Indian River Bay, cheaper than Treasure Beach as well but still close enough to the beach.


Thank you very much

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

 > Looking for seasonal site in family campground VA or MD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS