Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Bigfoot Spotted?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Bigfoot Spotted?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
BigBoy11

Chambersburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/13 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My DW and I spent 4 days camping at Ohiopyle State Park in SW PA at the Kentuck Campground. When we pulled our TT into our site, we noted that all of the surrounding campers were younger folks in tents which was odd as the area was usually TT's, 5'vers, Class A's, etc. We also noted they were all leaving their campsites frequently at night and sleeping all day in their tents. Then on the evening of the 21st, we noticed the young lady in the site next to ours laying out DVD's in a pattern on the picnic table and tying DVD's on a bright, pink ribbon hung from the lantern post and a glow ball on top. She also placed a large jar filled with apples in the middle of the table with an apple on the top of the lid. Finally she tied a game camera on a nearby tree, aimed at the table. We thought oh great, a witch is bringing in the Autumn solstice. I told my DW if we woke up the next morning to goats and chickens sacrificed, we were out of there!

My DW did not sleep well that night as she said she kept seeing flashes of light and hearing strange noises outside our TT. We then saw the girl next door showing the game camera to a park ranger and another camper. Then the camper came over into our campsite to show yet another camper the area where the camera had captured photos (the source of flashing lights that kept DW awake). When I went out and asked what was going on the the young man said we had a visitor in our campground that was 6 ft. tall and 400 lbs. I asked if it was a bear and he says no, it only had 2 legs! He finally claimed that is was a "small" Bigfoot and that they had photos of it peering around the tree right outside our TT back door! He then went on to tell us that the woods in the area had a Bigfoot family that was observed regularly and all the campers around us was there to observe them by attracting them with food hence the apples plus some doughnuts also placed on the picnic tables!

Needless to say, we were not amused and neither was the park management when we talked with them about the events as first of all, campers are not to attract animals with food left out and the park has quiet hours from 9 pm to 8 am. Plus, having folks run around campgrounds in the middle of the night with flashlights and cameras is a good way to have a real good confrontation! We are still laughing about the experience but thankful no one got hurt and to our knowledge, no Bigfoots were harmed in the process!

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/13 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This Ohiopyle State Park Campground Night Vision Camera Photograph doesn't lie!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

rugerguy

the free state of Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/13 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Messing around outside of my camper at night is not a good idea.just read my user name.

99 Ford F-250 Superduty
2010 Jayco 298 RLS Eagle

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/13 11:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/13 11:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ummmm! Maybe the noises I can't hear, that Dakota barks at, or the snorts my wife and son hear, in the edge, of the woods aren't deer. I was going to gather some chestnuts on the ridge but maybe I ought to wait.
I think it is just RVers from Washingtooon, that don't shave often enough. They like to howl at night. Apparently they like good apples when they can find them. Shame they have to go all the way to Ky.

BuckBarker

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/13 03:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rugerguy wrote:

Messing around outside of my camper at night is not a good idea.just read my user name.

WOW! That's a very impressive name.

WoodGlue

Los Angeles / Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/13 03:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

Hehehehe sooperdooty, you made me laugh again!

WoodGlue

portscanner

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/13 05:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Meh! That is nothing! We were camping in south Georgia earlier this year and there were two bigfoots (bigfeet?) in the campground for 48 hours straight!

Here is a picture of one of them:

One beautiful wife, two brittney spaniels
2011 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed auto, 3.73 rear end
Torklift Stableloads, Superhitch, Torklift Tiedowns
2002 Alpenlite 1150
2005 Jeep Liberty toad w/ ReadyBrake/ReadyBrute
Web Site

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/13 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WoodGlue wrote:

fordsooperdooty wrote:

Hehehehe sooperdooty, you made me laugh again!

WoodGlue

Yea..... I liked that too...That's about the size of it,,,,

Me-Her-the kids
2009 Ford F350 SD 6.4
08 Montego Bay
Here are my pictures

DavidP

Raleigh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/13 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rugerguy wrote:

Lighten up, Francis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Bigfoot Spotted?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS