Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Good Sam towing or Coach Net?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam towing or Coach Net?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
F450

Carmel Valley, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/13 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which tow service would you recommend? Good Sam or Coach Net?

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/13 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will get a lot of disagreement about that on here…

After reading and comparing what the contracts of what both say and of a firm believe that the words of the contract matter , and after using both services and proving to myself that those words do matter, I have settled on the Good Sam… others will have differing opinions…

Keep in mind that these coverage’s and the contractual wording can change from time to time, so I recommend anyone buying in read the details and understand their meaning of both contracts for the same level of coverage before buying anything…

Relying on what I or others say, or only reading the promotional stuff on the web sites can leave you down and out…

The second problem is neither own any of the services dispatched, and many of the same towing services contract with both GS and CN and maybe other commitments to… no matter which road service we have they can be the ones that make or break our experiences…

Both companies are considered to be premier road service companies with pluses and minuses on both and I agree with that…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

RognBon

Roseville, Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/13 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For us, GoodSam has always provided excellent service so I have no reason to switch. There will be someone along shortly that will tell you how GoodSam left them stranded and to never use them, but instead to go with CoachNet. I can only speak from personal experience and as I said, until GoodSam lets me down, I will stay with them.

RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

dbbls

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/13 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had, and used both and I get which ever is cheapest. Both are good.

2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/13 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have and have had excellent service with Coach Net. Read the "fine" print of both, BEFORE you make a decision. Coach Net is part and parcel it's own company and does nothing but ERS, while GS is contracted through Allstate Motor Club.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/13 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was left hanging by CoachNet once, so I am now with Good Sam, and haven't needed them yet. Both services use sub contractors, so your experience may differ. You'll find big fans and big pans of either service. The best service is the one you don't need.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Rottkin2

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/13 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We chose Coach Net because after reading Good Sam's full contract they will not help if you get stuck in your own driveway or on unmaintained dirt roads. Out here in rural AZ many of us have to maintain all non-county roads ourselves & during the monsoon season that can be tough. Coach Net told us no matter where were were stuck if a town truck could safely access the area they would free us. That cinched the deal for us. Just be sure to read the entire contract.

* This post was edited 10/21/13 07:49pm by Rottkin2 *

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/13 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been with Coach Net for 9 years and only needed them once for a tow when the MH fuel sending unit went dead. Tow driver hooked up taking great care not to damage the MH then explained what was going on, invited me to ride in the tow truck with him to the repair center. CN picked up the huge tow bill and I paid for the repairs.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/13 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

see thread "Good Sam Roadside Service is Useless"
bumpy

Cecilt

Page

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/13 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used CoachNet this summer. Blew a hub on TT axle on way home from beach. Stranded on side of road on a Sunday after July 4th. Within 3 hours CoachNet finally found a 53' low boy out of a bigger town(30 miles away) that picked us up. Drove Truck and Trailer (55' in total length) up on the low boy. My family of four rode in the cab of the tractor trailer. Driver dropped us off at a site in a CG 30 miles away. Was very happy with the experience.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam towing or Coach Net?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS