Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Time for a new TP thread!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Time for a new TP thread!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Things are pretty slow here in the Forums, so I thought I'd liven 'em up a bit by starting an argument!

I searched and searched and despite thousands of posts on the All- Important Subject of TP, I haven't found a single thread that addresses the most compelling question of all, that being:

Is "folding" or "bunching" correct for optimum Pyramid Prevention?

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/13 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait a minute. I tell you as soon as I get done picking up my dog's poop in the WalMart parking lot.

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, this is really a "timely" subject because I wanted to put a post on here a short while ago, but didn't have the nerve. So ... well ... here it goes ... Bear with this story ...

New Outback just 2 months ago. Second week-end out with it. First and second week-end had full hook up. Sweet. Of course, new camper, we're still learning things too... right?

Well, 11:30 pm. Wife is asleep. I'm watching Svengoolie Saturday night on "Me TV". I had to "go"... you know what I mean!

Well, I also blew my nose and you know where the paper went. I just dropped everything. I guess I'm a "wadder".

Earlier that afternoon I dumped. Tanks were suppose to be empty! I flushed ... nothing went down! WHAT! OMG! Panic! I went out and released the valve again (we have a clear section), no water, nothing. OMG! It's broken! I have full tank of "you know -- ****!" I was ready to pack-up right then and head home! I mean absolute panic! Brand new trailer and all the horror stories of construction stuff stuck in the black tank ... panic, panic, panic!

Woke up the wife. She ran water in the bowl. I watch the dump valve, only a slight trickle! Paper IS NOT GOING DOWN... I MEAN IT'S STUCK! Panic, Panic, Panic.

So I took a stick and started pushing the paper down the hole and IT WENT DOWN! WHAT!???? OMG again! Wife held the peddle, ran more water and next thing I knew, I saw the white glob in the clear section of sewer hose.

What happened? Well I don't know why, but for whatever reason, the paper caught inside the neck of the toilet, that hallow section that bellows out and then comes together again in the bottom and into the hole. That entire thing was filled with paper and clogged up... tight! Never in a million years would I expect that!

So now, I still am a "wadder" and after each goes in the bowl, I hit the peddle and let it go down. It must be working OK, because we've not had that problem again.... Sheesh... I feel like I just went to "confession". I think this was the most stressful and embarrassing RV experience I've had!

DutchmenSport

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax 6.6 HD diesel
2013 Keystone Outback 298RE Travel Trailer
Equal-i-zer WD hitch system

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

So now, I still am a "wadder" and after each goes in the bowl, I hit the peddle and let it go down. It must be working OK, because we've not had that problem again.... Sheesh... I feel like I just went to "confession". I think this was the most stressful and embarrassing RV experience I've had!

Confession is good for the soul!

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

poncho62

Hanover, Ont, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread is disgusting.....but, probably necessary

I try and convince the wife and anyone else to go in the campground bathroom for #2.....I usually lose that argument

relaxin

Fenwick, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you want to build a really good pyramid you need to eat kushkari, or ful medames or any other egyption meals, for the best pyramid building results, eat the food from the best pyramid builders.

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a Cougar 26rls, canoe, camera & fishing rod, 1998 GMC crew cab 6.5 litre deisel.
just me and my sexy little cougar in our cougar

Trackrig

Finished Phoenix to Mt Rush, MH in SLC

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Francesca, you're going to have to tighten up your research. If of course all depends on how tightly you "bunch" it. Are you a light buncher or a tight buncher?

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Artum Snowbird

Campbell River, B.C., Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If a guy works in the logging industry in the PNW, would he then possibly be a "feller buncher?"

Mike and Carole
2007 Snowbird 9'6" Super Slide Sold
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2000 F350 7.3 SC 4X4
previously 8'10" Snowbird Camper
2006 Triple E Regency 27 foot SXL SOLD!

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Folding or bunching has no affect............either method will cause a build up when enough water is not used.
Heck not using any TP will have same affect without enough water.
TP isn't nor has it ever been the problem.
You could use a paper towel if you were so inclined provided you use enough water.
RV toilets don't 'flush' they just 'plop' and need the water to carry the stuff down and away.

Water, water....that's the ticket. Rushing water can carry a boulder away. TP ain't nothing.

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/13 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trackrig wrote:

Francesca, you're going to have to tighten up your research. If of course all depends on how tightly you "bunch" it. Are you a light buncher or a tight buncher?

Bill
I'm a buncher by habit/outlook- degree of bunching sorta depends on the weave...if it's toilet paper at all. Paper towels require special handling.

This whole thing came up because I recently discovered that my Husband of more than twenty years is not only a "folder", but a counter. And when faced with the sudden necessity of using paper towels, he actually cut them up so everything would come out all right. No pun intended...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Time for a new TP thread!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS