Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Atlanta Rally
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
jdfello

munnsville,ny

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/13 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't seen anything about the Atlanta rally. I was wondering how it went but so far I can't find anything.

jdfello

JayGee

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/13 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was our first Rally. There were a lot of rvs to look at and a lot of vendors pushing their wares. Some of the seminars were interesting but many were at beginner level, which is GREAT for the newbys.

Concerts were very good . Organization was super! Camping areas were well laid out and power was a plus. Generators were quiet. I will probably go back someday if one is anywhere within a few hundred miles.

Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/13 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We loved it. Met some great people. One of the best rallies we've been to. We only looked at a couple of RV's as that wasn't why we went. We got a few things serviced. Awning, Hydro Hot and tow bar. Bought some stuff at vendors. Missed entertainment because didn't feel well but were able to sit outside our RV and hear the music. Well worth the cost in my opinion.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

lj2654

weeki wachee, florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/13 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you both are feelng better now!

2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Kentucky_Rambler

Kentucy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/13 02:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a great time. It was our first rally. There was so much to do, in what seemed so short of time.

We. Had fun looking at the new rv's, attended a few lectures and bought a few things from the vendors plus took one of their bus trips to a lunch at Pitty Pats Porch. We too thought it was very well organized and loved the concerts each evening. Most of all, we met so many new friends from around the country.

We can't wait til they announce next years Rally.

chuckftboy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/13 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atlanta was our 3rd Ralley. Very well organized and a lot of fun. Wife likes them just to get away and loves the concerts. I like to see the new RV's and meet people so the Good Sam Ralleys just work for us. It also gave us a reason to go a few more miles north and see the leafs change.

2009 Pace Arrow F53 Chassis 2006 TJ Towd

wannavolunteerFT

South Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/13 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was my first rally too. I enjoyed the concerts and looking at all the RV's. I would have liked to make it to a few more of the seminars, but somehow, I struggled with getting my time organized. The ones I did attend were helpful and interesting.

I met several folks and managed to share contact info with a few. I don't know if it was me or other folks, but since I was by myself (late-middle aged female) I found it a bit hard to make friends, but that is nothing different from everyday life. I did have one or two sales people/vendors act like they thought I wasn't a serious potential customer.

lpierson

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/13 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a recap on the Rally website that includes a slide show and a link to download pictures that were taken by the Rally photographer - including the aerial photo! http://therally.com/atlanta-ga-october-17-20-2013/atlanta-rally-re-cap/

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/13 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lpierson wrote:

There is a recap on the Rally website that includes a slide show and a link to download pictures that were taken by the Rally photographer - including the aerial photo! http://therally.com/atlanta-ga-october-17-20-2013/atlanta-rally-re-cap/

Thanks for the link. Just came across the thread. Found ourselves in a couple of pics.

Our first rally. Not sure if we would do another. Plenty of vendors, plenty of class As but not many 5ers. We did meet some great people in our area of the car park but every night everyone disappeared into their coaches early.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS