Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tent Camping: The ultimate tent camping picture thread!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> The ultimate tent camping picture thread!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an idea here. How about a thread of tent camping pics. Show off your tent, camp kitchen, camp site, unique ideas to make tent camping more comfy for you and yours. Hey, even show off your pack mule rigged out ready to camp.

Here is my "pack mule" right now it's hitched up to my little red trailer which I will probably use for tent camping to haul the families bikes and the coolers.

I know that this forum is a bit slower than others so I was just wondering if we could get some activity by sharing some pics.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

2014 Chrysler Town And Country
3.6 Pentastar V6

"It's Kind of Fun To Do The Impossible"
~Walt Disney~

tplife

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's our gear solution, no 55-mph Cali max speed and no flat tires!

Our typical setup, only one tent is in view. Optima 12V AGM Blue-Top powering 200W Kenwood/Polk stereo equipment, LED multicolor lighting and charging gear, lantern tripods, Kelty soft-sided Binto box chuckbox and other stuff...

Thomas/NH

Exeter, NH

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerem0621 wrote:

Just an idea here. How about a thread of tent camping pics. Show off your tent, camp kitchen, camp site, unique ideas to make tent camping more comfy for you and yours. Hey, even show off your pack mule rigged out ready to camp.

Here is my "pack mule" right now it's hitched up to my little red trailer which I will probably use for tent camping to haul the families bikes and the coolers.

I know that this forum is a bit slower than others so I was just wondering if we could get some activity by sharing some pics.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

I wished you hadn't gone and posted that picture... Now you'll have the "Wight Police" down on you. You should know by now you can't pull anything "Red" without a F350 or better.

BTW: Some of my best memories are when the kids were small and we camped just like that. Every trip was an adventure.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Land Between the Lakes

This is how to travel across country when you're 70. Took the "smaller
RV" this time.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/13 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayaking trip.

2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great looking pics everyone! Let's keep me coming!

Skip, I like your small RV! Looks mighty cozy!

Thomas, I actually had a F350 that I used to pull this little trailer. It's so much easier to load a small trailer!

Tplife, I love your cargo box on your Prius! Nice looking set up!

Mockturtle, looks like y'all are having a blast!!!!

.... RV'ers, if you have something you would like to share on this ultimate pic thread that you think would be usefull to us tent campers, please do so!

Thanks!

Jeremiah

othertonka

Stockton, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/13 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first tent camping trip was made in our 1956 VW Bug. I took out the rear seat and cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fill the space to make a floor. The two single burner coleman stoves went in the rear seat foot wells and then the plywood floor was put in to hold all the other gear, each item had a place or it didn't fit. When we arrived at the campground, the plywood came out and with pipe floor flanges screwed to the bottom, installed pipe legs to make a table. the two front bucket seats were removed and leaned against two trees for camping chairs. That was fun as I recall, but time has a way of dulling your memory but it got us camping, No pictures. Moved on to larger station wagons and travel trailers, class C motor home and now a Class A Motorhome, all methods were and are fun

Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

tsetsaf

Full-Timer

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/13 11:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if you can embed Youtube videos so I will link to the source. This is one of the most amazing tent camping spots I have ever seen Link

2006 Dodge 3500 5.9L CTD 6spd Manual SB SRW - Pullrite SG - Ride Rite Airbags - Rickson 19.5 Steelies 150K and going strong
2014 Premier Elite 44' Fifth Wheel... calm down it is within the weight limits of my truck.

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/13 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice campground!!!!

huachuca

Tarboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/13 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cape Lookout National Seashore - Two islands providing forty miles of pristine beach with no roads, no stores and no permanent inhabitants

Accessible only by boat - The Donza Lee is one of two private ferries that will take you and your vehicle over to Portsmouth Island

Camping is permitted almost anywhere on the ocean side of the dunes - We didn't have a neighbor in sight in either direction

Our Eureka backpacking tent and Pahaque screen room provided better accomodations than any ocean front condo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> The ultimate tent camping picture thread!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS