Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Where to dry camp at the 2014 RV SUPERSHOW in Tampa ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Where to dry camp at the 2014 RV SUPERSHOW in Tampa ???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
HelloImDavid

Northern FLorida

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/13 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand that you can stay right on the Fairgrounds for the 4 days paying $189 ... but im more interested in dry camping when i go.

Are there any dry camping places nearby . Where do most dry camp when they go to this event ? thanks.

Klueck

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/13 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Florida, in the winter????? The state is so full of snow birds that I have been waiting for the entire state to sink into the ocean.

1rooster

Warrenton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/13 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I remember correctly, there is some dry camping at the show grounds.

tonyandkaren

pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/13 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to the show in 2012. The woman collecting the parking fee told us that we could stay in the spot overnight and dry camp. Somebody would come around after the show closed for the day and collect an additional fee which was $15.00 at the time. The additional fee would also cover the next day's parking fee. We didn't stay so I can't verify the accuracy of the information.

We stayed a few miles east - exit 10 off of I-4 where there's a Flying J, Cracker Barrel,Camping World,and Lazy Days RV. The Flying J is small and gets crowded, the Camping World is part of Lazy Days and is gated but if you have a small RV you can stay in Cracker Barrel or at one of the other gas stations. Lazy Days also has a large RV park.

Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

HelloImDavid

Northern FLorida

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/13 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tonyandkaren wrote:

We went to the show in 2012. The woman collecting the parking fee told us that we could stay in the spot overnight and dry camp. Somebody would come around after the show closed for the day and collect an additional fee which was $15.00 at the time. The additional fee would also cover the next day's parking fee. We didn't stay so I can't verify the accuracy of the information.

We stayed a few miles east - exit 10 off of I-4 where there's a Flying J, Cracker Barrel,Camping World,and Lazy Days RV. The Flying J is small and gets crowded, the Camping World is part of Lazy Days and is gated but if you have a small RV you can stay in Cracker Barrel or at one of the other gas stations. Lazy Days also has a large RV park.

Ok. Thanks. I think this is what ill do then. I prefer CrackerBarrel over all of them ...but my guess is they will be jammed packed during that event.

GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/13 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They allow you to dry camp right at the fair grounds.Last year the fee was 20.00 a night.

Mvpmich

SE Michigan & Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/13 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless you absolutely have to, stay away from the Lazy Dazys Cracker Barrel, Pilot/Flying J side of the intersection. It's also one of the few places to get diesel in the area and is always crowded with truckers.

mvpmich
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Where to dry camp at the 2014 RV SUPERSHOW in Tampa ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS