Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General observation about you RV folks here...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> General observation about you RV folks here...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 12:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a general observation about most of you folks here:

I spend more time here than I probably should, but there has to be a reason for it. We all come here with different needs, wants and levels of RV knowledge and also levels of participation here.

I have been around the block a few times, kinda know some stuff about RV's, rebuilt a few over the years, even worked in a trailer factory when I was a puppy. And I have been RV'ing for more decades than I care to admit....

But it always continues to amaze me how much all of you are like an extended family, folks who really care and want to share with others about any aspect of RV'ing, and who genuinely want to help where they can.

Whether it be contributing useful information about technical stuff, (I could name a few) or contributing about factual experience, you guys for the most part are a great group to be part of.

Every time I post a topic, I get a lot of very helpful replies based on knowledge and experience, some thing I do have a lot of, but I certainly have not been everywhere and do not pretend I have been and know it all.

I get a lot of PM's offering great info on something coming up in my next RV adventure, like the one I'm on now. A couple of you know who you are on that one. Though I have been an RV'er since about 72, I certainly don't pretend I know it all.

This is the kind of thing that keeps me here on the RV forum, mainly reading stuff but sometimes adding my 2 cents worth based on something I know about.

Of course, there are some well known trolls here too who post stupid threads about stupid topics and get people who don't know any better all supercharged and dialed up, but for the large part, most everyone here is genuine and sincere in their efforts.

I really appreciate this forum, the people on it and the feedback I get from things I comment to and post about.

You guys are all a great bunch!!!

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

81 Citation 25' "Tail dragger" "Under construction"

"Workin' man's rig"

Bob's Trucks

Check Out My Rebuild Project

Project Feedback

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 12:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are welcome.

I try to help as much as I can from experience and years of work, if I do not know I ask, if not mums the word. Although my profile says 2001 or 2002 I haqve camped in a tent to many times to count and had a 1968 VW that I converted for camping/

navegator

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 01:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob,

Any chance that you used to post on a web site called Askme.com?

I used to post lots of useful information on that site, until it un-expectedly closed down around 2003. Ask Me suggested it's users go to websites like Rv.Net. I started answering questions here when Askme.com ended. Such a long time ago!

I have also been to a bunch of RV rallies, and had a great time at each of them.

Fred.

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/13 04:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As with most things, a good experience is often the result of an initial bad experience. I've never felt the need to repeat somebody else's bad experience. This forum is perfect for that. Since we're all anonymous, its easier to admit our dumb mistakes. I've posted a few doozies.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/13 05:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am always amazed of the expertise of all the folks on here... We all retire sooner or later and like to pass along what we have learned over the years just to pay back I guess...

In my case I too have run the roads alot over my working years with electronic systems installs all over the USA.

I too have been in the camping scene since the early 50s to present time... I have always tried to pass along what I have been through already.

Sometimes I'm sure I come up with something that helps but probably alot of the time I am probably just another old retired guy sitting up late reading the forums with nothing else to do haha... Its my way of reminiscing abit I reckon...

I try hard to be helpful...

Roy Ken

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS HOME SETUP ONLY
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

loulou57

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the things I like about this forum is how most people have respect for others.

I have a disability. Some days when I post what I am thinking in my head makes total sense but when I put it into words I get confused easily. If I go to answer I have to read everything line by line to remember what I was posting.
Other days are plain brain fog. Like the day I was posting about our Avalanche and its towing ability weight wise. I was thinking Avalanche but because I was looking at a different truck outside I was writing that trucks abilities instead.

Anyway...The point is that folk did not make nasty comments or insult me in any way. Even when I insisted I was right, LOL. For that reason I really enjoy all the solid, honest, knowledgeable information we receive here.

Itching2go

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great post, and spot on. I'm a regular on a couple of other forums, most notably one that relates to cruising, and find that 90% or more of the folks on this one are friendly, respectful, helpful, and don't take the opportunity to run folks down when someone asks a 'stupid question' or offers up a different opinion. Wish the folks on the other forums would follow the same practice. But I suppose this is just a reflection of the type of people who adopt the RV/camping life style in the first place. One of the reason we travel in our fiver is the type of folks we run into along the way.

Thanks for the post.

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

Deb and Ed M

SW MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I SOOOOOO appreciate all the advice and info on this forum!! Has made our almost 10 years of owning a Class C fairly uneventful:-) And yesterday, we purchased a 5er, so now are learning about those. Once in a while, I see a reply to a question that sounds "terse"; but most people are wonderfully patient with the newbies, having been there themselves.

tenbear

Northern Vermont, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/13 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob, IIRC, I got a couple of RV forum decals from you when I first joined the forum back in 2004. I just replaced the first one with the other this past spring. You have been one of the great supporters of this forum. I, and I expect many others, thank you for all you have done for the forum, and indirectly, for RVing.

Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

LynnandCarol

Rockport, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/13 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Certainly could use a "LIKE" button for these great posts!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> General observation about you RV folks here...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS