Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Walking around in your birthday suit.......
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Walking around in your birthday suit.......

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
HuckFinn410

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/13 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, I had to pick a catchy title to get the clicks....

With the minimal square footage in my travel trailer (and in all RV’s for the most part) it’s not hard to feel pretty “closed in” inside the camper. During the day, we keep all the windows, blinds and curtains open to capture the light, enjoy the views and to create as open a feeling as possible. I can’t help the feeling that we are fully on display to all those people parked near us….especially when the sun goes down and we start to turn on the lights. I sometimes get the feeling that any nosey neighbors could just be watching every move we make as their evening entertainment. Usually, I could care less who watches me do anything, but sometimes it’s an uncomfortable feeling for my wife and I.

Sometimes you just want to walk around in your underwear if you feel like it……or the ol' birthday suit, hah!......However, I am not an exhibitionist.

My question is this…..has anyone ever put a mirrored tint on their camper windows? I’ve seen dark tint (limo dark on the big Class A’s), and our windows do have some light tint, but not much. The trade off is, the darker the tint, the less open bright environment you get during the day. I am thinking that a mirror finish on the outside might solve this.

Has anyone ever done this or seen it done?

Thank you

Huck

2005 GMC 1500 Sierra Crew Cab Z71 4X4
2005 KZ Frontier 2405

hitchup

Fulltiming and on the Road.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Suites come with a Dark Tint and only have an inside view at night. We will be adding curtains over our shades since the Irvine shades tend to curl on the edges. DH is shy and he doesn't like the Windows uncovered after dark.

2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

D & M

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HuckFinn410 wrote:

Sometimes you just want to walk around in your underwear if you feel like it……or the ol' birthday suit, hah!......

As long as you don't wear a Speedo.

Just remember that the "mirrored tint" that they put on windows only works if the side you want the privacy on is darker than the other side. At night, if you have the lights on, you won't be able to see out and everyone outside can see in.

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (the Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

Tough times don't last forever. Tough people do.

yrusoslo

Myrtle Beach, SC

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/13 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is nude RV camping, check them out.

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mirrored tint would be no different at night… except you can see in and not out…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/13 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HuckFinn410 wrote:

Sorry, I had to pick a catchy title to get the clicks....

Only 63 views so far...bet you'd get a lot more if you added "PICTURES!" to the threadtitle!

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/13 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your best choice maybe to add the privacy screens to each window or the adjustable shades that can be turned to see out or block view completely.

I'm sure there are people watchers that spend time watching other campers in their RVs. In 40 years of camping I haven't noticed any. Once in awhile I will look into a neighbors RV but most of the time I see someone watching TV or reading...how boring.

However.... On a moonlit night in our favorite boondocking campsite I just happened to step outside to check to make sure items were secured and covered due to a chance of rain. I didn't use any lights. I notice the interior lights come on in the MH parked behind us, no curtains. I saw a man and woman come from the rear bedroom and head for the refrigerator. Both got something to drink. They looked worked up and were completely naked. My guess is they had just finished "getting to know each other" and were thirsty. Boy am I glad I watched the weather report that night....

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they looked in and I was in my birthday suit, they would be very sorry. It is not a pretty view.

I walk around in my boxers. They are no different than a bathing suit. Again, looking in would only be done once! LOL

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

LewBob

Lebanon, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dog Folks wrote:

If they looked in and I was in my birthday suit, they would be very sorry. It is not a pretty view.

I walk around in my boxers. They are no different than a bathing suit. Again, looking in would only be done once! LOL

x2

Lew
2011 Arctic Fox 22H
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/13 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My windows came darkly tinted but some faint visibility is possible at night with the lights on inside. During the day there is no way you can see inside from outside.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Walking around in your birthday suit.......
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS