Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Roaming RVers 2014 Rally May 2 - 4th, 2014
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers 2014 Rally May 2 - 4th, 2014

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/13 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our May Rally is May 2nd - 4th at Florida Caverns SP in Marianna, Florida about 35 miles south of Dothan, AL

Here is some information about the park;
This is one of the few state parks with dry (air-filled) caves and is the only state park in Florida to offer cave tours to the public. The cave has dazzling formations of limestone stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, flowstones and draperies. The Chipola River and a freshwater spring provide areas for fishing, canoeing and boating. Florida Caverns State Park is popular for camping, picnicking and horseback riding. The park also features a nine-hole, New Deal-era golf course set in beautiful rolling terrain. Multiuse trails near the campgrounds offer six miles of exploration for hikers, bicyclists and horseback riders in the woodlands along the Chipola River.

These are open rallies and All are welcome to come join in, for newbie’s to this group this is a gathering of all kinds of campers just for camping fun, fellowship and of course plenty of eating. We will get together Friday night for meet and greet (grab & growl), Saturday night for dinner with a theme and will have an outing of some kind to venture away from the campsite. So you'all come join in for a great camping adventure!
Mark & Janice

* This post was last edited 03/14/14 01:34am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/13 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sound like a good trip!

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/13 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

robsouth wrote:

Sound like a good trip!

So why don't you come join us?

kevinbti

st louis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/13 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know I would love to go but still waiting to purchase another camper Sounds like a lot of fun

Kevin Tierney

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/13 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kitt and I took our kids to Florida Caverns a couple years ago. The one cave that you can go into is not big, but it's very interesting. It's not really handicapped accessible and there is a section that you have to double over to pass through because the ceiling is low. But if you can walk down the steps to get into the cavern and then walk hunched over for a few yards, it is well worth the time spent. There is a nice interpretive center there, as well.

When we were there, the blue hole was off limits for swimming due to contamination. I don't know if they have rectified that situation, but I will tell you those blue holes are about 62-68 degrees year round. Brrrrr.

We'll have to wait and see if we can do this one. We're going to Alaska in June(cruise) so I'll be saving up all my vacation for that.

Cathy

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

wannavolunteerFT

South Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/13 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My son and I went last spring, and really enjoyed the tour. We also rented and canoe and went up river a ways.. Blue hole was open for swimming, but we decided to skip blue hole, as river was running very fast from spring rains and we caught a strainer and went swimming when we didn't intend to. No damage or loss, other than one cell phone that wasn't in a dry bag.. just a cold swim from rented canoe. makes you sit REAL LOW in canoe after and do all you can to stay stable as you take all the bends in a fast moving river.

Hope to make the trip with you guys again.

crudeman

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/13 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GottaRunGottaCamp wrote:

Our May Rally is May 2nd - 4th at Florida Caverns SP in Marianna, Florida about 35 miles south of Dothan, AL

Here is some information about the park;
This is one of the few state parks with dry (air-filled) caves and is the only state park in Florida to offer cave tours to the public. The cave has dazzling formations of limestone stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, flowstones and draperies. The Chipola River and a freshwater spring provide areas for fishing, canoeing and boating. Florida Caverns State Park is popular for camping, picnicking and horseback riding. The park also features a nine-hole, New Deal-era golf course set in beautiful rolling terrain. Multiuse trails near the campgrounds offer six miles of exploration for hikers, bicyclists and horseback riders in the woodlands along the Chipola River.

These are open rallies and All are welcome to come join in, for newbie’s to this group this is a gathering of all kinds of campers just for camping fun, fellowship and of course plenty of eating. We will get together Friday night for meet and greet (grab & growl), Saturday night for dinner with a theme and will have an outing of some kind to venture away from the campsite. So you'all come join in for a great camping adventure!
Mark & Janice

This sounds interesting, I know they have limited sites there so we may jump on one soon and try and make this one. Sounds like this may work for another trip to PCB after the rally. The one at Whitetail Ridge worked out well for that trip.

Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/13 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kevinbti wrote:

I know I would love to go but still waiting to purchase another camper Sounds like a lot of fun

Whether existing camper or new one you are welcome to come join in

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/13 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chock Full o' Nut & wannavolunteerFT, Thanks for the info and stories, we hope you can make this rally!
crudeman, I hope you can make it as we had a blast at the last rally and it is only about 1.5hrs to Panama City.
This campground has 32 sites with 50amp and full hookups and as of right now only two have been reserved, but with this being a popular park don't let it slip by for to long and forget to make reservaions cause this park fills up quick!
We have site # 32 and will be there from Wednesday to Sunday, so y'all come join in on another great rally!
Mark & Janice

crudeman

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/13 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reserved site #30 .. I posted the info in the wrong thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers 2014 Rally May 2 - 4th, 2014
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS