Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Coach Net Keeping Secrets??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach Net Keeping Secrets??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/14 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we purchased the new Bus, the dealer gave us a complementary Coach Net membership for a year, which we appreciated, but didn't use. Since it is about to expire, I was interested in renewing it, and when I received the usual barrage of notices for the renewal, I read them carefully. Unfortunately, none of these were more than Coach Net "How Great I AM" advertising. A statement buried in their documentation says that if there is a discrepancy in the advertising documentation versus their Member Benefit Guide, the benefit guide governs. OK, that's only fair. That's the contract between them and me. So I called and asked for a copy of their Membership Guide to review, AND THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T SEND IT TO ME UNTIL I BOUGHT THE SERVICE.

HUH!!!! Sounds sort'a like "You gott'a pass it before we tell you what's in it" to me and I don't work that way. Didn't believe it then, and don't believe it now.

Customer GONE>

When are these fools going to learn? According to some, P. T. Barnam said there was a sucker born every minute, but I try not to be that one.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
BlueOx Aventa LX Tow Bar
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/14 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are lots of people that complain about Good Sam Roadside Assistance, but we have used it numerous times for both our 5th wheel as well as our tow vehicle and our personal car and we have always had good service.

My one caveat to that is that you get a deluge of mail from them throughout the year.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/14 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you, and I hope that's what you told them. I would think that even though your first year was complimentary that you ARE a member and entitled to see the contract.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2000 Hurricane 30Q

dieharder

Ottawa, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/14 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since you can access a computer, if your membership is still valid, create a user account on their site and voila. Download to your computer. No mailing required.

1999 Itasca Sunrise

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/14 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have mentioned this before, and when I did a comparison between GS and CN I understand them not wanting you to be able to make direct comparison before buying…

Initially it could be accessed from their website but no more, just the promotional material and the polished FAQ, then for a one time you could do a back door search and come up with it that way, but they closed that door to…

Now after challenging others for a link several times, one member finally found a way to it (unfortunately I don’t remember the members name to give him proper credit, but thanks)… but not through Coach Net or not through NMC… you can find your way there through one and only one dealers web page...

http://www.stoltzfus-rec.com/ click the coach net logo at the bottom right of the page…

For your reading pleasure from Stoltzfus RV and Marine west Chester PA…

Shortcut directly to the brochure…

click

EDIT: I can not attest to any material changes or updates in their brochure because that is the latest I am aware of…

Any changes I have heard about make no material changes to the agreement brochure…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/14 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions about viewing the contract, but there's a bit more I found out. When you get a dealer purchased membership, you are in a special category. In fact, that Membership Guide is different from the one that describes their Premium or other classes of membership. Not only that, but according to CN, you cannot renew that specific contract or coverage, it's only for dealers. Being as I'm still covered under that year, they'd send me that Membership Guide, but since I can't renew it beyond Jan 15th it's useless. And even though I'm still a "MEMBER" I can't see the other contracts.

Cool way of doing business, don't you think? Not surprised FMCA is with a different group now.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/14 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should have been a Coach Net membership guide in the bag or folder with the RV's purchase contract if the dealer gave it to you.

You could have given them your membership number thus showing you had joined.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

teddyu

Enfield, Ct

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/14 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my unit, the dealer provided CN and I asked for similar information. CN would not provide a membership number for me or sufficient details of their services. When renewal time came along, still could not get sufficient information to make a qualified decision. I gave up and went with GS-ERS. Some members have complaints, other praise, but I know what is COVERED and what is not. When you think your on double-secret-probation before signing, what suprises will come to pass after your check is cashed. JM2¢...

Ted Fulltiming in the DreamCatcher a
2008 Challenger 371PE on F53 w/ 2010 Cobalt
R'V there yet?

UsualSuspect

Saugus, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/14 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just called Coach-Net, said I would like to see the brochure so I know what is and is not covered, and any limitations. They said if I signed up I would receive a copy. I guess posting one on their website, emailing one, or sending it via USPS is not going to happen and to much bother.

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD )
2011 Toyota Tundra
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/14 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach Net Keeping Secrets??