Woodalls Open Roads Forum: When do you sign your final papers?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> When do you sign your final papers?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Lyrikz

kirkland

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE!!!
I will try and make this short, but it might not be possible.

Going to break this up and give some stories.

RV open road in monroe wa.
Gave them the price i was happy with. They told me they could do that. They pull my credit, say im good to go, and we go to sign final papers. I see the final papers are over 20k more dollars then what we talked about. Salesmen says that its fine, and to sign.... I ask for the break down and the cost of the actual trailer. After they found out i could get approved for way more then we initially thought, they tried to add more money to the trailer. I walked from that place. Now remember, i was approved from them.

We go into tacoma rv in tacoma wa. we go in, great selection, clean, nice salesmen. They do zero negotiations. We pick a trailer and ask if they could either give me 1000 more dollars for my trade or take off 1000 off the camper. NOPE!!! I called their bluff and found out they were NOT bluffing. They dont negotiate. LUCKILY for me, i found a trailer that was better then this one. They did NOT pull my credit.

Move on to Baydos RV in Tacoma. We go in, and find a Road Warrior 400. Beautiful trailer, so nice that i walked right by it. The salesmen states they can get us in this trailer for the right price. We get a killer price on the trailer, we do an initial signing and set up a trailer inspection and to sign final papers. Couple days later we go in and wife inspects the insides and i crawl under the trailer. Find that the frame is severly rusted on the 2013. Now, i was approved on this trailer. We tell them we dont want this one and we pick a Road warrior 415 right next to it. 2014. We inspect it and its good to go. We sign for it.
The next day, i call the salesmen and ask if the hitch that i was going to pay cash for, if we could put that on the loan. He states thats not a problem and tells me the hitch is $1500 dollars. We go back and forth on how thats not what he quoted me. I have emails and texts with the price he gave me. He wouldnt budge. I wasnt budging. May only be $250 dollars, but thats not the point, they gave me a price and i wasnt budging. I tell him to hold on the transaction and if they are changing their pricing, im out....
So, i give them a few days and i finally call and tell him that we really want this trailer, but he needs to honor his price. He conceeds and says he will honor it. So i tell him to move forward.

I get a call the next day saying the loan "blew up in their face" and that now the banks need 10% down. I asked why. He explained that i kept "backing out" of loans. I explained i only backed out of one loan and that was HIS fault. He tells me that i need to wait 6 months and try again.....

WELL, that doesnt work for me. So i proceed to call the bank. I talk to the loan officer and ask why do i need 10% down now. They explain they ran a risk assesment and now i need 10% down. I then explain how the other dealership tried to change the price, i explained about the rusty trailer, and i explained why i pulled out on the 415. They think it over and call me back and tell me they will do the loan with 5% down. NOPE!!!! I didnt do anything to deserve that. I REEXPLAIN the situation. They call me back and said they waived the down payment and im good to go.

I then proceed to call the salesmen, explain what i had to do, but the loan is a go. He states how in the 20 plus years he has done this, he has never seen anyone turn a bank around on their requirements...

I just explained im very persistent. If you tell me you are going to do something, do it.

Thats my story. Took me a month to find the perfect trailer, but i did. Im the proud owner of a 2014 RW 415.

Thank you for all the advice on everything. If it wasnt for everyones advice, i might of purchased a forest river 5th wheel.

IM purchasing a Road warrior 400rw.
They want me to come in this sunday to sign the final paperwork, then have me come back the next sunday to do the PDI, walk around, and inspection before i take it home.

I dont feel like owning it for a week before i pick it up. What if i find something i dont like on the PDI. ITs already in my name and paperwork is at the bank. that seems very difficult to back out if i do see something i dont like.

Im open for suggestions on the correct and safest way for me to do this. The dealer says they will have me sign a paper that says its only mine if it passes my inspection. It just seems that would be difficult to back out if it has already been to the bank and filed for over a week.

Thanks for you time.

* This post was edited 03/07/14 07:24pm by Lyrikz *

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've always signed final papers the day I take delivery and not before, for everything, campers and cars.

DutchmenSport

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax 6.6 HD diesel
2013 Keystone Outback 298RE Travel Trailer

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO, they want your money/signatures in place to make it much more difficult to back out. There's absolutely no compelling reason for you to sign before you do the PDI.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto. I've never heard of being asked to come back a week later.

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will have absolutely NO leverage or control if you sign before PDI.
All that I have ever done with 4 different rigs is a small deposit.

Sign finals after PDI...
Let me guess Poulsbro..

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

RV CONUS

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About this time, I would be scratching my head, and asking myself:

Self, what is their motivation!, hmmmm, something wrong with this picture!

Do I really, really want to do business this way!

Who was born every minute,,,,,now, every second,,,,,population inflation.

Not me!

2006 Allegro Open Road 34WA, Workhorse W20
Allison 1000 6 speed
2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ
TST 507RV TPMS
2009 Blue Ox Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy

jmtandem

western nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

About this time, I would be scratching my head, and asking myself:

Self, what is their motivation!, hmmmm, something wrong with this picture!

Do I really, really want to do business this way!

Who was born every minute,,,,,now, every second,,,,,population inflation.

Not me!

This is great advice. Maybe you should ask why the need to sign before you are perfectly happy that the coach is exactly the way you want it? Maybe I would be getting second thoughts about the whole deal.

'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.
'09 299bhs Tango.

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Milton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are probably trying to get the sale included in their first quarter sales for reporting and commissions. I would NOT sign final papers until after PDI and would be very strict with that. Just tell them it is inconvenient for you to come in now and will do everything next week after PDI

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do the PDI first, get the open item list closed, then sign the papers.

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/14 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would you sign papers to buy a house before doing an inspection and final walk thru?

I wouldn't.

The dealer said they will have YOU sign a paper that says it will be yours only if it passes your inspection.

Shouldn't they be signing the paper?

Tell them what you told us, you don't want to own it a week before picking it up.

It sounds like they want to make sure they sell you this unit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> When do you sign your final papers?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS