Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Roaming Rvers September Rally - McKinney COE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming Rvers September Rally - McKinney COE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Pawpaw48

Locust Grove, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/14 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay Roaming Rvers. The time is getting close to make your plans to attend this rally. There is a 6 month window to make reservations in advance. I will be making mine a week from today (March 11)for the September 12-14 rally dates. I will post then where we will try to assemble as a group in the park. Looking forward to a late summer rally with all of you. This is a very popular park so plan to make reservations as early as possible in this 6 month window to assure that you can get a site within walking distance of ours. We went there a couple of weeks ago and the lake is down. Hopefully spring and summer rains will fill the pool so water activities will be easy. We are planning on being on the waterfront.

I made my reservation today, March 11. We will try to all get in loop 139-150. They are all currently open and we did not see a bad site in this loop. I'll be in site 145. Those coming in on Thursday, Sept. 11, can reserve today. Any others coming in on Friday, September 12, can reserve after 10am tomorrow, March 12. Click the link here to make your reservations.

Attendees and sites:
Pawpaw48 - Site 145
Chock Full o' Nuts - Site 149
ALTJohn - Site 143
GottaRunGottaCamp - Site 150
Babb28 - Site 136
JaBob - Saturday Evening Only

Food List:
Pawpaw48 - Friday TBD, Saturday Breakfast - Sausage, OJ, Saturday Tailgating - Will supply hamburgers, hot dogs and brats as well as buns

* This post was last edited 03/20/14 03:01pm by Pawpaw48 *   View edit history

2006 F250 6.0 Diesel "dealerproofed" by Powerstroke Diesel in Buford, GA in May, 2013, Firestone airbags, 4" exhaust with deleted CAT, 2008 Bighorn 3100RL with TrailAire TriGlide and Ground Control Systems electric leveling

bobbi.collum

Camdenton mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/14 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are new to rving. Where is this rally,what is there to see and what's the plan when a person arrives?

Thank You
Bobbi

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/14 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobbi.collum wrote:

We are new to rving. Where is this rally,what is there to see and what's the plan when a person arrives?

Thank You
Bobbi

McKinney COE is a Corps of Engineers park on Lake Allatoona. It's located about 25 min north of Marietta off I-75. It's a really nice woodsy park and usually the lake is pretty nice (except in the winter.) There are no planned activities within the park but Red
Top Mountain SP is about 3 miles up the road. McKinney is a decent size campground with several camping loops, so bring your bikes.

We live pretty close to McKinney, so we'll probably go up there on Thursday. The rally starts Friday night and ends Sunday morning. We have communal meals Fri & Sat night, and Sat morning breakfast.

Rallies are open to anyone, so y'all should join us!

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/14 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds good,hope we can make it. In a couple years we will be able to attend rallies as we please,not according to a work schedule. We have met a lot of nice people at rallies,thats why we go.

Pawpaw48

Locust Grove, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/14 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pa traveler wrote:

Sounds good,hope we can make it. In a couple years we will be able to attend rallies as we please,not according to a work schedule. We have met a lot of nice people at rallies,thats why we go.

We are always open to new attendees. Any and all are welcome. We are a diverse group with many varied interests. We eat a lot, laugh a lot and enjoy each other's company.

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/14 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Pawpaw48 for starting a thread
For those interested here is a 2014 rally schedule.
We are looking forward to another great rally, so y'all make you reservations and we will see you there
Mark & Janice

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/14 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pa traveler wrote:

Well, it costs nothing to join our rallies. Just your campground fees. We always stay in State Parks or COEs. We have some who come on Thurs and leave on Mon, and others that just skate in there Friday night around dark and stay until Sun morning.

In fact, we are headed out to AH Stephens SP just west of Augusta for a rally this weekend. If you can make it, you should join us!

A hitch and hop

Silver Springs, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/14 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our travel plan is for us to be stopping at the McKinney COE on that week end. We will be returning to Florida from a three month trip to Seattle and Alaska. Unless there is a change in plans, we will look for your group. Do you have any planned site numbers? As to the question as to what is there to do in the area; 1. Western Cowboy Museum, 2. Railroad museum "The General", 3. Indian mounds; and Atlanta downtown underground ( about 30 miles of easy driving).

* This post was edited 03/07/14 11:21am by A hitch and hop *

Pawpaw48

Locust Grove, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/14 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A hitch and hop wrote:

Our travel plan is for us to be stopping at the McKinney COE on that week end. We will be returning to Florida from a three month trip to Seattle and Alaska. Unless there is a change in plans, we will look for your group. Do you have any planned site numbers? As to the question as to what is there to do in the area; 1. Western Cowboy Museum, 2. Railroad museum "The General", 3. Indian mounds; and Atlanta downtown underground ( about 30 miles of easy driving).

As it stands as of today, March 11, we will be in the loop containing sites 139-150. I am the host for this one and we will have all gatherings at my site, #145. As there are no pavilions, I hope the weather cooperates. Generally it's pretty dry in September.

Right now it's very open but this is a popular park so make your reservations as early as possible. Look forward to meeting you.

Boy, I sure would love to have been with you on your Alaska trip!

ATL JOHN

Hampton Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/14 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just made our reservations arrival 11 Sep depart 14 Sep site 143
See you all there

2006 Silverado 3500 CC Dually
Duramax/6spd Allison
Firestone airbags
Prodigy P3 brake control
TST 507 TPMS