Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping Altercations?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Altercations?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Next
code3run

Covina, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 03:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just looking for short stories of any camping altercation you have ever had with other campers? Just thought it would be fun to read thru them.

2008 ATTITUDE 21AK
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 lit

07 Yamaha ttr 125
01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty

bucky

Eastern Shore of MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 04:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had a couple with idiots who let their 100lb dogs run loose in crowded campgrounds and then try to tell me they JUST got out of the truck or trailer. This is always after watching them run loose for days, and only after they charge my wife and leashed dogs. I calmly will start a conversation, but they always seem to get defensive and belligerent and tell me I'm not a Ranger. So now I just go get a Ranger. If I believe that the charging dog will hurt me or mine the story changes.

I just realized that my last 4 trucks were gas GMC, diesel Ford, gas Chevy, and now a diesel Dodge. I didn't realize I was so open minded lol.

abc40kids

Dale City,Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never any altercations but you gotta love it when you just check in and your making your way thru the cg to your site and you come up on a tv in the road with room to get by with zero room for error and the owner just standing there with that clueless look on his face like, what's the problem....

Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey,Dexter(Golden),Bruno(Pug)
Forest River Cardinal 362bhs 2006
2005 Chevy duramax dually 4x4 crew cab,Ultra Goliath wheels with Nitto Dura Grapplers and Banks exhaust.

dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About the only confrontations we have had is with the loose dogs. Our 15# one is always on a leash with harness so I can lift her off the ground when the loose ones come at us. They may be just playing but I don't take the chance.

When the offenders come to get their pet they usually say it is 'friendly', 'just got loose' or other comments. I then tell them I wasn't sure but had my foot ready to keep space between us. This usually has encouraged them to keep their tied up for the remainder of the time. If it is not kept up then I use the ranger for help.

04 Dodge RAM Quad Crew Cab 4x4
08 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy Controller
Wife and myself, Lutheran Deacon, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two
Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had one idiot shine a high powered flashlight in my wife's face as she was backing or rig up on leveler blocks as I was directing her. It was late and had no way to turn off the Daytime Running Lights.

2010 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Long bed, 4 x 4,Dually, Lights & Siren!

2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the most common altercations you will hear happens sometimes between spouses as they back into their site. We laugh when when it happens to us, but others don't.

We camp about 8-10 weekends plus vacation each year and have never had an altercation with anyone. Once some people walked through our daughter's site about 3 inches from their TT, startled their dog who was inside, and she barked really loud, not snarled, barked. They were offended, too bad, they should not have been 3 inches from her TT.

code3run

Covina, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do dog owners assume we all love their dogs as much as they do? I have a dog but I dont just let him jump on people figuring they love it too....

I mentioned in another post that years ago a guy pulled out an ak47 and fired at my friends for some reason. Nobody was hit but the guy did go to jail. That was desert camping not a campground.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/14 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't quite call it an altercation, but one time while at a park in our C (no toad) to visit a local air show nearby we had an 'issue' with the fella across the way.

We had headed out right after breakfast in the motorhome as we had every morning to see the air show. This day however we ended up coming back around lunchtime instead of being away the whole day since we'd met friends who were also at the show and the wives were going to go back to the park and hang by the pool while us guys were going to go to the lake nearby where the floatplanes were based.

When we got back to the park we discovered the fella from across the lane in our site waxing his B in the shade on our site.

He completely ignored me pulling up, and when I went over to ask him to move so I could park he brusquely told me to just park in his site and "bugger off" he needed to finish and it had to be done in the shade. His site was full afternoon sun. I explained I preferred my own shady site since I had dogs in the coach and declined his offer to swap sites. He said he was only half done and be finished by dinner time.

Long story short I just contacted the office who came down to ask him to move. He was equally uncooperative with them.

Within a few minutes he was heading out the front gate in his half waxed rig screaming about oppression and how I had 'gotten him' thrown out.

JC2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If mother nature would do a periodic gene culling of the human race, a lot of these types of people would not be a problem. My tolerance for morons is 0 and the appropriate response is always taken when I encounter one.

2004 Newmar DSDP 4015,Cummins ISL 370hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2008 Saturn Vue FWD Towed,FMCA #402879

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/14 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None personally, but we got to witness quite a brawl last summer, a few sites over. No idea what caused it, but fists were flying, with both men and women involved! Both sites were empty the next morning.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Altercations?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts