Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Not given site reserved
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Not given site reserved

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
alnal326

Chesterfield, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the first time we have visited this particular campground but 2 weeks before our visit we drove through and stopped at the office and made reservations and paid for 1 night. We reserved a nice looking site with the creek running behind us and were looking forward to camping on it. Upon arrival they had us moved to another site that was not as nice and no where near the creek. It was explained to me that a group of campers had come in and they gave the site to one of them. I was wondering if this had ever happened to anyone else and how they handled it? We will be back here since our daughter is in college near this campground so we don't want to upset the owners.

D & M

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/14 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stuff happens. Since you don't want to upset the owners, I would recommend that you just let it go.

The owners had to make the selection to disappoint one person or a whole group, who may end up as repeat customers. Or conversely they only have you telling us about your disappointment, where as if they honored your request, they would have a whole bunch of people telling us how disappointed they are. And as a side note, the group was there with cash and you were just a promise.

I understand your disappointment, but if you think about it, you may have done the same thing to someone else.

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

Dear McDonald's, Thank you for not selling hot dogs. I don't think I could order a McWiener and keep a straight face.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

This is the first time we have visited this particular campground but 2 weeks before our visit we drove through and stopped at the office and made reservations and paid for 1 night. We reserved a nice looking site with the creek running behind us and were looking forward to camping on it. Upon arrival they had us moved to another site that was not as nice and no where near the creek. It was explained to me that a group of campers had come in and they gave the site to one of them. I was wondering if this had ever happened to anyone else and how they handled it? We will be back here since our daughter is in college near this campground so we don't want to upset the owners.

If your daughter is a student at UVA and you're talking about the camp near Crozet, you may as well forget it. They did this EVERY time to us, always a different excuse. They have the worst customer service of any camp we've ever known. Their facilities are usually filthy too. Our kids live in C-ville. We go to the KOA. About the same price. . . a little harder to get to with a 40' DP, but well worth it. When you reserve a site, that's the one you get. Very clean facilities. They treat us like family. Just have to get reservations well enough ahead of time because it books up for college games and events.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scotties, Butterscotch & Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2003 Sport Trac Toad
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Free Range Human

Portland Metro

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But if you read the OP's post, s/he says they PAID for it, not just reserved it.

Unless this is one of those campgrounds with a clearly stated policy that a specific site cannot be reserved, why couldn't they have told the group that that particular site had been reserved?

alnal326

Chesterfield, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes we paid for the first night and had a printed piece of paper saying that we had reserved that specific site, but upon arrival she gave me a piece of paper with a different number on it and I showed her the paper she had given me 2 weeks prior. Also said the site we were moved to was 40 foot and it barely fit our 30 foot on it.

nomad297

Alexandria, Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/14 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Free Range Human wrote:

But if you read the OP's post, s/he says they PAID for it, not just reserved it.

Unless this is one of those campgrounds with a clearly stated policy that a specific site cannot be reserved, why couldn't they have told the group that that particular site had been reserved?

This is just how I see it. They shouldn't have taken your money if they couldn't provide what you paid for.

Bruce

2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2004 Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, 6.0 liter with 4.10 rear
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
Prodigy P3 brake controller
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

rwjejits

The great country of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

Yes we paid for the first night and had a printed piece of paper saying that we had reserved that specific site, but upon arrival she gave me a piece of paper with a different number on it and I showed her the paper she had given me 2 weeks prior. Also said the site we were moved to was 40 foot and it barely fit our 30 foot on it.

What a rip off. I'd be steaming. Please share your experience on RVPARKREVIEWS.

2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
190k+ and Pulls Better Than New
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Exhaust, Timbrens, Coolant Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

If it's the camp I'm referring to, they put our 40' DP on one of those. Our neighbor asked us the night before if we would pull in our slides so he could pull out in the morning and didn't think he would be able to clear us. All because they denied us the site we reserved, which would not have been a problem. Never went back.

Dale

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/14 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You sure got hosed on that one. I darn sure would not cater to an establishment that did that to me.

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/14 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree to what others have said, post this information on RV Park Reviews: LINK

This will make any future visitors to this park, who read RV Park Reviews, aware of how they can expect to be treated. Campgrounds provide the traveling public a service. Good service should be rewarded with a positive review. Less than good service should be reported with objective and informative criticism.

Thanks for sharing your dilemma, but the name of the park would be helpful.

Lakeside

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Not given site reserved
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS