Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: RV Park Review deferred
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Park Review deferred

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
alnal326

Chesterfield, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I posted a review of my recent experience to RV park review about the park I didn't receive my assigned site in and they deferred it saying that it was too much personal information included about my experience and I needed to rewrite it and sum down my bad experience. The good part I wrote about the park they liked. Now how do you sum down an experience and still get across what you are saying? Is it even worth it? Why write it if you can't tell the whole truth.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

So I posted a review of my recent experience to RV park review about the park I didn't receive my assigned site in and they deferred it saying that it was too much personal information included about my experience and I needed to rewrite it and sum down my bad experience. The good part I wrote about the park they liked. Now how do you sum down an experience and still get across what you are saying? Is it even worth it? Why write it if you can't tell the whole truth.

Could the key word be "too much personal information"? Where you naming names in your review?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

alnal326

Chesterfield, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I named no names I pretty much said what I said on the forum I started on here about not getting my reserved site.

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The park was nicly landscaped with a creek...the bathrooms seemed ok, but never really used them. Wifi was spotty. Might would stay here again, but they had given away the site we reserved in person 2 weeks earlier to someone else and put us in a site that we barely fit in and was not as nice, thus the reason I am giving them a 2.".....

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

bigdogger

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

I named no names I pretty much said what I said on the forum I started on here about not getting my reserved site.
You mean your specific "reserved site" that they specifically say they do not guarantee on the their website? If your review was heavily weighted to the fact that the park's reservation policy didn't meet your needs, I can see where they might want you to revise your review. They are looking for reviews that help all the other RVers, things like do the utilities work, are the sites roomy, is what they advertise actually available and in good repair, is the park next to a busy train yard, is the park clean etc. When what you are upset about is clearly explained on the park's website, it really isn't fair to either the public or the park to make the review a diatribe about it. Note it yes, write a paragraph about how a policy upset your apple cart, probably not.

Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So re write it and let us know if they take it. I am just learning of reviews and it is hard to understand. I have read some really bad product reviews at the site of the retailer. I know good reviews can also be bought. I am learning to read between the lines and usually believe the majority. It's interesting

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife & 4 Really Fun kids
2008 KIA Sedona 3.8L 24 valve V-6
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS

RV CONUS

Laughlin, NV

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alnal326 wrote:

Since 2006, I have only had one posting problem with RVParkReviews, I inadvertantly posted to the wrong park. Similar name, similar location. Fixed it and they posted it to the correct park.

OP Previous Thread Quote: If this is the same version posted on RV Park Reviews:
"This is the first time we have visited this particular campground but 2 weeks before our visit we drove through and stopped at the office and made reservations and paid for 1 night. We reserved a nice looking site with the creek running behind us and were looking forward to camping on it. Upon arrival they had us moved to another site that was not as nice and no where near the creek. It was explained to me that a group of campers had come in and they gave the site to one of them. I was wondering if this had ever happened to anyone else and how they handled it? We will be back here since our daughter is in college near this campground so we don't want to upset the owners."

Edited Version:
This is the first time we have visited this particular campground. Two weeks before our visit we drove through and stopped at the office and made reservations, and paid for 1 night for a specific site. Upon arrival, they did not honor the specific site that I reserved. I was informed they gave my site to a another camper that was with a group.
We will be back to visit family near this campground.

Although, I'm not an English major, brief and concise usually wins the day. However, I did raise an English Major.

It's a slow day here at the Ranch.

RVParkReviews is a private site, I think they provide a great service which I have benefited from over the years, where they accumulate reviews from those that choose to make them.

Like here; I don't care if they edit, remove, etc. I don't pay them to use the site.

It's only Wednesday, and going to warm up nice today. Time for a walk.

Have fun and safe travels.

2006 Allegro 34WA, Workhorse W20 8.1L, Allison 1000
2013 Sonic SLT
Blue Ox Aventa LX
Brake Buddy Classic

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/14 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Without seeing your unedited post it's tough to suggest how to modify. Why not paste your problem post on this thread so we can see it?

Kevin

dieharder

Ottawa, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/14 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Personal Information" does not necessarily have to be about people in the park, but information that can be used to trace back who YOU are.

For example, if you said you reserved site XXX and yadda, yadda, yadda, since you've giving the month/year of your stay, the park can track back who you are using those specifics. They don't want their site used for fingerpointing at anybody, just for reviews of the park. Like said previously, copy and paste the problem review for accurate replies.

1999 Itasca Sunrise

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/14 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would try one more time to reduce that part to it's base issues and see if they will accept it. While the site is a useful tool I do not take every review posted there as reliable. I have certainly seen reviews I felt were frivolous that were allowed to be posted.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Park Review deferred
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS