Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Attitudes
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Attitudes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Jayco23FB

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/14 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is spring the economy is better and there are plenty of new people RVing and using the forum. I personally have gained a huge amount of knowledge from this forum. Lately I have seen alot of comments like "here we go again" "the annual discussion on XXX" and so on. Lets remember some people are new to RVing life and the basics are important to them...lets help them not give attitude. And for you that continue to help and assist ...Thank you!

And a personal thank you to all of you who over the years have made my RVing a much better expierence through the use of this forum.
Bob in Idaho

Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

doxiemom11

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/14 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2

Pangaea Ron

Anacortes, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/14 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Bob.

2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/14 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Attitude is what this forum is about. Yesterday I made two posts. One a nice vanilla trip report, garnered 274 views and 4 replies one of them being mine. I posted again describing my experience and opinion of the residents of a CG we over nighted in. I was tarred and feathered for 5 or 6 pages until a moderater removed the post.

Nobody wants to hear about nice on here,if you can't argue with or denigrate another member it just isn't any fun!

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/14 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the issues here is the moderators will not address those who "take" threads in a direction that will ensure deletion. The attitude seems to be they would rather just delete the whole thread regardless of the value it serves the OP. Case in point; the mere mention on a tire thread that many of us have gotten superior service from Maxxis ST tires brings out the crazy Maxxis haters (all 3 of them) which inevitably shuts down the entire thread when the OP may have benefitted from our experience. As for the post disparaging certain kinds of people based on their appearance who were severely stereotyped by the OP that could have been written differently and survived.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/14 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you searched the forum? This has been discussed before!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 13yrs
Daughter Marissa 12yrs
Dog Bailey

07 Cherokee 32B
02 Excursion 4X4 V-10 4.30 gear 5Star tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar
Reese DualCam, Prodigy brake controller

A bad day of camping is
better than a good day at work!

rseymour21

Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/14 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you Bob! I also find tons of info on this forum! Thank You Everyone! I also think just because some question has been ask before, perhaps something new might've changed or perhaps someone else is reading it for the 1st time. If I'm not interested in a post, I skip it!

2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

6.7 tow rig

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/14 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do agree somewhat. I say ask away. If you don't want to read or comment, don't.

The other side is its hard to read into how or what somebodies tone is when its just text. Too many people get upset because when the question they ask is answered with an answer they don't agree with. This site is one of my favorites so I will continue to visit regardless of what happens

* This post was edited 04/22/14 02:11pm by an administrator/moderator *

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins H.O 4x4 3.73 rear end
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

pompomgirl

Everett, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/14 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Yesterday I made two posts. One a nice vanilla trip report, garnered 274 views and 4 replies one of them being mine. I posted again describing my experience and opinion of the residents of a CG we over nighted in. I was tarred and feathered for 5 or 6 pages until a moderater removed the post.

This mirrors life in general. People read a nice trip report and just move on. Just like when DH sees something nice on TV - he sits there and says nothing. But when anything is reported involving The Government, good or bad (The Government can't possibly do anything good) it's here we go again. Sometimes I take my dinner and move to my office to preserve my normal digestive functions.

As for forum posts, just be glad you aren't one of those people with nothing to do but rant about something not worth your time.

Homer

Northeast Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/14 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

(6.7 Tow Rig) My sentiments completey. The only thing the forums is experiencing that I disagree with is, totally misleading cutsey "Subject Lines". I understand you learned from the nightly news how to "Hook" a reader. Please just be sensible and identify your question or opinion or what ever.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Attitudes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS