Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: "Black-Hole" mail service
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> "Black-Hole" mail service

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
unbob

Hood River, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/14 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm seeking a mail service that will simply shred/trash any and all snail mail received at my mailing address.

I've been using a friend's home address for years but he's grown tired of dealing with it. Can't blame him. He throws my mail in a box and I pick it up once or twice a year. I shred it all.

Like most people these days, I do all my personal business online and have no need for a snail mail address. However, as we all know, you simply cannot function in our society without an "address". In my case, there is no "there" there. I own no real estate and have no "home base". I've been living full-time in my RV now for 11 years - and loving it!

So, anyone know of such a service? Thx

powderman426

N. E. Ohio/The Villages, Fla

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/14 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder what would happen if you had everything forwarded to a PO box and never picked it up?

Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
28' Prowler & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/14 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.myrvmail.com in Crestview FL. 2 plans both allow them to shred your mail. One plan allows you to view any mail online and have them shred after you view it.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/14 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've full-timed for 16 years and do not receive any junk mail. Way back when, we registered with this site:

No More Junk Mail

It helped greatly. Then we had to do our part to keep ourselves off mailing lists. Whenever we ordered through catalogs or subscribed to magazines (no Amazon or apps at the time) we made sure to request that we not be put on any mailing lists. Within a couple months we got very little. What we did get usually had a phone number and I'd call and ask them to remove us from their list.

It takes a little time but it has worked.

We do use the Escapees RV Club mail forwarding service. We use the basic plan but I believe they have another plan to take care of junk mail. Good luck!

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 04:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What would happen if/when you got a jury summons? I'm also a fulltimer and have gotten those twice. Never had to report after I explained my situation/location but I probably could've been cited for contempt if I just ignored the notices.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

unbob

Hood River, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HappyKayakers wrote:

What would happen if/when you got a jury summons? I'm also a fulltimer and have gotten those twice. Never had to report after I explained my situation/location but I probably could've been cited for contempt if I just ignored the notices.
I did in fact get a jury summons once years ago. I didn't see it until months later and just trashed it. End of story.

unbob

Hood River, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2gypsies wrote:

We do use the Escapees RV Club mail forwarding service. We use the basic plan but I believe they have another plan to take care of junk mail. Good luck!
Thanks for your feedback.

Escapees cheapest plan would cost me $185 up front plus $85 annually thereafter. No thanks. I refuse to pay someone that amount of $$$ to trash my mail. After all, we're talking about junk mail I never wanted in the first place - and I'm supposed to pay someone to trash it?

Point is I have no physical address and don't want a physical address - and don't want any snail mail!

unbob

Hood River, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2gypsies wrote:

We've full-timed for 16 years and do not receive any junk mail. Way back when, we registered with this site:

No More Junk Mail

It helped greatly. Then we had to do our part to keep ourselves off mailing lists. Whenever we ordered through catalogs or subscribed to magazines (no Amazon or apps at the time) we made sure to request that we not be put on any mailing lists. Within a couple months we got very little. What we did get usually had a phone number and I'd call and ask them to remove us from their list.
I used OptOutPrescreen.com to opt-out a few days ago. Hopefully it will work.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago I heard of such a service, They scan your mail and ask "What shall we do with this".. I do not recall quite the level of scanning..

But I think they can scan JUST the envelope, and you can decide to have the document scanned and E-Mailed, or snail mailed to you. Or tossed in the recycle shredder.

https://www.earthclassmail.com/

My Memory worked, found it in a single Google Search.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

unbob

Hood River, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/14 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

powderman426 wrote:

I wonder what would happen if you had everything forwarded to a PO box and never picked it up?
I don't know. I perused the USPS FAQs but found nothing re this question. In any case, a physical address must be given when applying for a POB. I suspect that if the POB overflowed, mail would be delivered to the physical address on file.

In an ideal world, my POB would be a shredder!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> "Black-Hole" mail service
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS